Why become a member? ×

Double bass gigbag recommendations

steviedee

Double gig bags are a young/strong bassists game - if you`re  neither both or either don`t bother. I thought it would be a great idea and found it really wasn`t. Great idea on paper, foiled by middle-aged knackeredbackbassist syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Double gig bags are a young/strong bassists game - if you`re  neither both or either don`t bother. I thought it would be a great idea and found it really wasn`t. Great idea on paper, foiled by middle-aged knackeredbackbassist syndrome.

This is very true! 2 basses in the same gig bag is very heavy! I only use mine when I really need two basses...

Hi folks gator looks good and the  Reunion Blues RBX also interesting pricier but lighter! I saw a Canto which I believe are made by Public Peace which looked good also. I'm literally walking 50 yards into the studio a few days a week just can't be bothered carrying cases!

• 6 months later...

I’ve posted this elsewhere but I’ll reiterate it here - if size/bulk is a consideration for you when looking for a double case, the Gator is significantly deeper and chunkier than the Mono dual. I took a photo of the two cases side by size at BassDirect a couple of years ago to illustrate the difference. Gator on the left, Mono on the right.

D24A4E23-D22B-4E53-B3A6-913C7F464793.thumb.jpeg.ea8f11c4ecdc6035a0effcc9ece06462.jpeg

Of course, if you aren’t worried about the extra bulk, the Gator is a great case with tons of protection for significantly less money than the Mono!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve used a Gear for Music case for about two years. They’re really robust and do the job for a very sensible price. The only drawback is that they don’t sit very comfortably on the shoulder, but if you use the handle, they work well.