Why become a member? ×

TRADED - Fender Steve Harris Precision - MIJ - Blue Sparkle
£900
South Yorkshire

Deedee

I have something incoming that’s a little different (for me at least) so I’m moving on my lovely Steve Harris Blue Sparkle Precision. This is the MIJ model offered long before the West Ham version was introduced.

• Made In Japan
  • Alder body
  • 1-piece maple neck with tinted gloss polyurethane finish
  • Maple fingerboard with 7.25"/184mm radius
  • 42mm nut
  • 20 medium jumbo frets
  • Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Vintage Style Split-Coil Precision Bass pickup
  • Leo Quan Badass II Bridge
  • 1-ply chrome pickguard
  • 34" scale
  • Weight 9lb 15oz
  • Moulded hardcase (non-Fender)

I’ve made several entirely reversible but I think sensible improvements to the bass in the time I’ve had it:

• Fitted a Kiogon solderless loom with solid shaft CTS pots, Switchcraft Jack and new flat topped knobs
  • Very recently replaced the original tuners with brand new size correct nickel Hipshot HB2 units
  • Fitted new Omega grooved nickel saddles in place of the original Badass units
  • New Gotoh strap buttons (I can replace these with Schaller strap lock buttons if you prefer)   

The original loom, Badass II saddles, tuners and bushings are all included so if you wish to put the bass back to stock and sell the bits on, feel free. It did cross my mind to do just that but I have neither the time nor the inclination at present. The grooved saddles alone were eye wateringly expensive for what they are as they were shipped from the US.

The bass really is in superb condition with no marks or dings at all to the body, only some light scratching to the chrome plate which I’ve tried to capture. The headstock seems to have taken all the knocks for this bass with a few cymbal dings and there are a couple of very, very minor indentations in the poly finish on the neck, but nothing that is anywhere it can be felt when playing. Again I’ve tried to capture these in the photos. Some additional shielding appears to have been fitted at some stage too.

The bass is currently strung with Fender 7250 nickel round wounds but I do have the Roto SH flat wounds to throw in too.

Ideally looking for collection from South Yorkshire or I may be able to meet up if circumstances at my end allow.

I’ll say this is sale only but I may be open to a trade for something interesting. Bass wise it would have to be 4 string, fretted, headed, 34” scale, min 42mm nut, 19mm string spacing with a flat or flattish board (12”/14” radius) and have a 12th fret top horn. Not too much to ask for!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.JPG

Edited by Deedee
Now Traded
  • Like 4

Just now, karlfer said:

Why Andy, has it gone already?

No.

I was going to buy the nice 90’s refin blue one here. And the reality is I wanted a Harris.

told seller I had to pull away from buying nice 90’s refin because of family wedding in Majorca I’ve been told we “have” to pay for.

a stunning Harris p arrives for sale.

fuming.

• Sad 1

• MB1 locked this topic