Why become a member? ×

Harry Styles.

bubinga5

4 minutes ago, NJE said:

I think he has got a great tone to his voice and it is a great tune. I think people get too hung up on how he got to where he is, and the fact he was in a boy band, but I wish my voice was half as good as his.

Agreed, we often forget that a lot of great artists  similarly started out in competitions or similar. A great song performed by a great singer is always a pleasure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Agreed, we often forget that a lot of great artists  similarly started out in competitions or similar. A great song performed by a great singer is always a pleasure 

Agreed. Watching the Ken Burns country music programmes it was striking how many of 'the greats' started out by winning talent shows. Particularly the women as I remember.

Also, I follow folk music a bit. One of the annual highlights for performers is the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. Not that different from a talent show.

I quite like the tune, it's not a banger but it's got a cool groove - I'd happy add it to my "Chill Background Music" playlist... It does sound incredibly generic though - to my ears the only stand out feature is the interesting guitar sound on the solo.

I doubt this would get noticed if it didn't have Harry Styles' name on it.

2 hours ago, Len_derby said:

Agreed. Watching the Ken Burns country music programmes it was striking how many of 'the greats' started out by winning talent shows. Particularly the women as I remember.

Also, I follow folk music a bit. One of the annual highlights for performers is the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. Not that different from a talent show.

That is a fantastic series. As is all of his documentaries! I remember similar situations in the past, the best example being Robbie Williams. His lost post TT period, the helping hands from Elton and George Michael then his debut album arriving and thinking, this has some real girth to it! Now people talk about incredible pop songs like Angels, Strong and Millenium. Good luck to the bold Harry. Cracking song.

On 16/02/2020 at 13:20, bassbiscuits said:

Top song I agree. Also very much digging the current Dua Lipa song “Don’t Start Now.” Good bass in it too (I’m not solely watching the video honest...) 

Yep.  I think this is a killer record. Im not sure if it is a real bass guitar.? None the less. Its a great house/pop record in the vein of that great Calvin Harris record One Kiss that she sings on. . Takes me back to some of the great soul house records by Masters at Work,  Marshall Jefferson Paul Trouble Anderson etc. .  

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 1