Why become a member? ×

Tug Bar fitting Templates

Bass-Thing

21 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

My 62RI jazz came with the holes pre drilled in the pickguard, I don’t believe there is a template, here’s a pic if it helps 

18F83D30-CA09-4383-A174-DE9A567F4E5F.png

I have this very same bass myself! Mine still has the tugbar screwed on though. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Is this for “decoration” or to actually be used? If you are going to used should it not be position in the place that is most comfortable for your particular playing style?

Bit of both tbh... Thing is I have a tugbar on my 62 Jazz and it's ideally placed so I'd like to put them accurately on some of my other basses.

The scratchplate on a Jazz isn't attached to any of the electronics, is it?
Could you whip the plate off your 62 and place it on top of one of the other basses as a template? Poke a pencil or something through the screw holes to mark where they should go.

Edited by MartinB

3 hours ago, Bass-Thing said:

I have this very same bass myself! Mine still has the tugbar screwed on though. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine. :D 

I foolishly sold my one about a year ago and bought a custom Sandberg, which I really like , but  I do miss it and , imo it was better than the custom shop jazz I also had, if another came up I would be very tempted 🙂

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

Could you whip the plate off your 62 and place it on top of one of the other basses as a template? Poke a pencil or something through the screw holes to mark where they should go.

This.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MartinB said:

That's sound advice and I was thinking of that. Trouble is it means taking out 14 screws (Including the 2 for the tugbar!!!) which is a bit of an derrière. Anyway I think I've found a p-bass with a tugbar so I'll probably have a tugbar day. I just need to quickly mark the holes and I'm sorted. :D

2 hours ago, Bass-Thing said:

That's sound advice and I was thinking of that. Trouble is it means taking out 14 screws (Including the 2 for the tugbar!!!) which is a bit of an derrière. Anyway I think I've found a p-bass with a tugbar so I'll probably have a tugbar day. I just need to quickly mark the holes and I'm sorted. :D

Rather than unscrewing the pickguard , why not make a paper template from the top of the one you have and transfer to the other one 🙂