Why become a member? ×

Dressed To Kill (KISS Tribute) - New 2011 Gigs - See bottom of Page 12!

cetera

[quote name='TPJ' post='425116' date='Mar 4 2009, 02:38 PM']The Point in Cardiff is closing? Is that for good or temp? That is a great rock venue, but it sure gets bloody warm in there.[/quote]

Check the thread on The Point in Off Topic....

It's for good...... but the owners are [i]trying[/i] to sort some sort of 'rescue package'

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='430367' date='Mar 10 2009, 12:35 PM']I've done many shows at the Hotel California with Pynk Floid and I would think the venue is pretty much tailor-made for you.

Enjoy!![/quote]

That's good to know!

Cheers matey :)

We've just got a replacement gig in Cardiff as well (now The Point has closed...)
We're at The Globe ([url="http://www.theglobecardiff.com/"]The Globe[/url]) on Fri 20th November! :rolleyes:

Edited by cetera

[quote name='cetera' post='401167' date='Feb 5 2009, 05:02 PM']2 Apr 2009 Comeback, Drammen, Norway
3 Apr 2009 Smuget, Oslo, Norway
4 Apr 2009 Smuget, Oslo, Norway[/quote]

ooooo, Looks like a good excuse for a Norwegian BC meet. I know there's at least 4 of us lurking about here... anyone interested?

coincidentaly I nearly got to meet Eric Singer last month, his band were playing at Jevnaker and I was called in to help with marshaling the gig. Unfortunately he'd buggered off before we'd finished kicking the punters out. :)

[quote name='SteveO' post='431500' date='Mar 11 2009, 02:00 PM']ooooo, Looks like a good excuse for a Norwegian BC meet. I know there's at least 4 of us lurking about here... anyone interested?

coincidentaly I nearly got to meet Eric Singer last month, his band were playing at Jevnaker and I was called in to help with marshaling the gig. Unfortunately he'd buggered off before we'd finished kicking the punters out. :)[/quote]

Hey SteveO, would be great to meet you.... :rolleyes:

Shame you didn't meet Eric, but then he's been a grumpy old bastard each time I've met him so you're not missing much! lol! :D

[quote name='ben604' post='431535' date='Mar 11 2009, 02:31 PM']Hey, what time are you on at the Hotel California? Got a band practice but I'm only 10 minutes away...[/quote]

It's a late one.... doors 10pm... and we're on from 11.30pm - 1.30am....

Hope to see you there! Apparently they're going for a glam 'theme' so feel free to dress up in your best stack heels, flares & glitter :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='432610' date='Mar 12 2009, 04:45 PM']Don't forget to pack your ear defenders mate.

You [b]WILL[/b] need them at the very least for the pre and post set sounds!!!![/quote]

Yikes! [i]That[/i][b][/b] loud eh?!? :)

[quote name='ben604' post='432644' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:27 PM']I take it you have your own sound guy? I know the house engineer, nice chap.[/quote]

Nope, we're using the house engineer.... hope he's good! :)

Cheers chaps, yep - Chunky was the engineer. Lovely bloke...

We had a great night... over 400 in! Not bad for a first visit :D

Nightmare afterwards though, had to wait until club closed (4am) before we could load out... only to find & argument happening & some poor blooke being punched into the side of our van... and then being KICKED hard in the head multiple times.... :lol: :lol: :)
Not the nicest memory to take away from Birkenhead... :rolleyes:

Our first time in Belfast on Saturday night was splendid too! Great city, nice people and successful enough for us to return at the end of the year/start of 2010. Back of the net!!! ;)

[quote name='cetera' post='435869' date='Mar 16 2009, 10:36 AM']Cheers chaps, yep - Chunky was the engineer. Lovely bloke...

We had a great night... over 400 in! Not bad for a first visit ;)

Nightmare afterwards though, had to wait until club closed (4am) before we could load out... only to find & argument happening & some poor blooke being punched into the side of our van... and then being KICKED hard in the head multiple times.... ;) :o :)

Our first time in Belfast on Saturday night was splendid too! Great city, nice people and successful enough for us to return at the end of the year/start of 2010. Back of the net!!! ;)[/quote]

Glad to hear you had a successful gig at the Cali and hope the post gig fun and games didn't ruin it too much for you.

I must admit that I had forgotten aout the late load out issue. [b]Very [/b]frustrating eh? I think one one occasion we managed to "sneak" out of a fire door stage left, but I do remember that the managemnet were less than impressed. :lol: :lol:

Still, it's only rock 'n' roll. ;) :D

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='cetera' post='435869' date='Mar 16 2009, 11:36 AM']Cheers chaps, yep - Chunky was the engineer. Lovely bloke...

We had a great night... over 400 in! Not bad for a first visit ;)

Nightmare afterwards though, had to wait until club closed (4am) before we could load out... only to find & argument happening & some poor blooke being punched into the side of our van... and then being KICKED hard in the head multiple times.... :lol: ;) :)

Our first time in Belfast on Saturday night was splendid too! Great city, nice people and successful enough for us to return at the end of the year/start of 2010. Back of the net!!! :lol:[/quote]Hi Gary, sorry we couldn't make it but yet again, Jerkinbed shows it's still a great place to go for a night out. :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='469476' date='Apr 22 2009, 12:10 PM']Great little venue.

I'm sure it'll go down a treat!! :D :)[/quote]

Cheers chap! :rolleyes:

Hope we'll see you in Sutton-In-Ashfield in October? ;)
You must let me know when you're playing down south with the Dan Collective as well....!

[quote name='cetera' post='469647' date='Apr 22 2009, 02:53 PM']Cheers chap! :rolleyes:

Hope we'll see you in Sutton-In-Ashfield in October? :lol:
You must let me know when you're playing down south with the Dan Collective as well....![/quote]

Gigs permitting, I'd certainly like to catch your next show at The Diamond.

Unfortunately, getting work for The Dan Collective, down south or otherwise, is proving to be a little like platting fog. ;) :D

The majority of venues/promoters either haven't the faintest idea what we are talking about or, even worse, expect a rendition of "All Around My Hat". ;) :lol:

The only work we have looming/possible this year is jazz festivals in Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire. :)