Why become a member? ×

New not quite bass day!

Woodinblack

IMG_6133.thumb.jpeg.8cf5aa03be2930a59c32e2f883c74bcd.jpeg

OK, I didn't intend to get one of these, but they don't turn up often do they and I had the money I had aside for the Ibanez headless that isn't turning up fast.

Turned up yesterday so early days - it is not much like the stick, but it does have the immediacy of being able to play it like a bass, so i will see how it goes!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Interesting...haven't seen one of these before.

I'm glad I didn't see it as it would have been an impulse buy for me too.

Well, it does play like a 5 string with 3 smaller spaced guitar strings. Pretty interesting so far, you can actually play ordinary bass and chords on it at the same time. Think it might take a time to master!

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, EMG456 said:

Late as usual! Missed this at the time.

How are you getting on with it - is it tuned in 4ths all the way?

It is 4ths all the way. I use it quite a bit but more as an extended bass, I am not sure it has the same appeal as an actual stick (although I am sure I actually play it more). I think at some point it might morph into a 12 string grand stick!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Gray said:

I believe that I am now the proud owner of this marvellous instrument. it may be some time before I have the courage (and skills !) to gig it. 

Oh yes, hi!

I never gigged it but I did take it to a few practices. I did always mean to gig it but never could pluck up the courage! It had been gigged by its previous owner. One day I do intend to gig the Chapman stick though

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Any updates on how you're getting on??

I'm enjoying rather than mastering I think it would be fair to say ! As I'm in the fortunate position of working full time again I've got a bit time poor. However - hoping to incorporate into a new project so that will push me along a bit. 

54 minutes ago, Gray said:

I'm enjoying rather than mastering I think it would be fair to say ! As I'm in the fortunate position of working full time again I've got a bit time poor. However - hoping to incorporate into a new project so that will push me along a bit. 

Thats always the dream. I keep having phases of trying to nail the stick, and sometimes I get slightly close!