Why become a member? ×

Earthboard magnet-powered pedal board system

Quatschmacher

16 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

I seen them and loved the concept and nearly bit, fiendishly expensive tho 

I can’t help thinking the need to have interchangeable brackets or something on the boots to remove the need for Velcro. Pretty cool concept though and gets rid of loads of messy wiring. 

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I can’t help thinking the need to have interchangeable brackets or something on the boots to remove the need for Velcro. Pretty cool concept though and gets rid of loads of messy wiring. 

I think it’s an amazing concept and really liked the boards, I looked a lot into them, but ended up being stingy and making my own in the end.

I would love one though

28 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

You still need to Velcro a steel plate onto the bottom pedal, so I don’t see the point. Plus the gaps between rails are too wide for mini pedals or those in landscape orientation...

image.jpeg.e694283adc384725ed148473af05c650.jpeg

Hence why I said there ought to be some kind of adjustable bracket. I’m sure there’s room for improvement. 

This is a solution in need of a problem I think.

You could achieve the same effect by using extended screws to fit the magnets directly to the pedal base (surely 99% of pedals have the base screwed on?).

The rails are a nonsense idea too. Using a thinner steel plate (weight saving) with milled channels for the wire routing would work better. But then what do I know...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigguy2017 said:

All it needs is the magnets and longer screws to replace the pedals' own cover screws.

Screw the magnets on like rubber feet and stick the pedal to a steel pedalboard ?

The magnets also supply the current to the pedals and the requisite wiring is built into the base plates so it’s not quite as easy as just mounting the magnets directly to the pedals via longer screws.