Why become a member? ×

Show Yer Age! Name an EPIC song from your teens...

binky_bass

On a hideous drink fueled listening binge... curious to know what songs you consider to be absolute staples of your youth. 

There are many of course, so let's say 3 per head.

In no particular order.. 

1: Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

2: The Offspring - Get A Job

3: Bad Religion - Sorrow

I'll wake to tomorrow and want to change these no doubt, but, regardless, they are songs that made my youth and ones I still love today! 

I reckon (give it a few weeks) I'll compile a Spotify song list of all of the songs in the responses and paste the link here so we can all re-live our collective youths! 

Edited by binky_bass

Keeping them relevant to bass in an effort to narrow the list down somewhat...

From Out of Nowhere - Faith No More (we played it in my school band, a very important song in my bass life)

Unconditional - Prong (still the playalong benchmark, once I can play this I know my fingers are in good shape)

These Boots... - Megadeth (Seeing them draw out the intro to this live made it the song where the “I simply must play bass!” lightbulb went on in my head and the reason I play bass)

Edited by Doctor J
  • Like 4

From an older BC member.....

Fontella Bass. Rescue Me - still love the riff

My Girl - the Otis Redding version, IMO less of a 'singalongaMax' treatment than the Temptations' version, and possibly the most popular song my band (or "group" as referred to in those days!) performed, our vocalist got it so right.

If I Could Dream - Elvis Presley    (although strictly speaking I was no longer a teenager in '68 when this was released as part of his 'Comeback Special' TV show)

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 2

Songs that radically changed the world for me:

Psalm 69 - Ministry

Cenotaph - Bolt Thrower (still tugs at my heartstrings)

Internal Bleeding - Obituary

(actually the whole a-side of Slowly We Rot, I never turned it off before the end. Internal Bleeding is just the first song)

• Like 2