Why become a member? ×

Mike Lull

Sibob

Just seen that Bryan Beller has reported that Mike Lull has passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.

I haven’t noted this in the thread title, just as new details come through. But yes, very sad if true, clearly one of the most respected builders in the world.

Si

• Sad 6

6Just read this on Facebook.  Awful news.

I've got a pair of Lulls, profess I didn't really know about his stuff until a few years ago, but it was (on paper at least) good enough for me to move away from many Gibsons to a couple of his.

Amazing basses, not once have I felt the need to move them on to get something else.

Rest peacefully chap.

received_10156816875562004.jpeg

So sad 😞 

I went to his workshop a few years back, he was a perfect host and clearly a warm and genuine guy. Just for fun, Mike was excitedly asking me to try an original 57 P Bass he was working on, which I did, but I was more excited about playing his own P Bass and the beauties hanging on the wall.

I owned a few of Mike’s basses, there’s one I really shouldn’t have let go of in hindsight as I sold it for a more expensive vintage bass I couldn’t really afford, @Andy has her now :( 

RIP Mike 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chiliwailer said:

So sad 😞 

I went to his workshop a few years back, he was a perfect host and clearly a warm and genuine guy. Just for fun, Mike was excitedly asking me to try an original 57 P Bass he was working on, which I did, but I was more excited about playing his own P Bass and the beauties hanging on the wall.

I owned a few of Mike’s basses, there’s one I really shouldn’t have let go of in hindsight as I sold it for a more expensive vintage bass I couldn’t really afford, @Andy has her now :( 

RIP Mike 

Could always put that one right for you Daniel - I'm just starting to thin out my newer gear in favour of vintage so it could be available for you if you're really missing it!