Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Yamaha Motion B MB-40 - Medium Scale
£275

Sharkfinger

Bought this recently from Japan, as it's very lightweight (a hair under 3Kgs) and medium scale.  You don't see these very often over here.

Late 90's and I think some of the first Yammies made outside of Japan.  This one is made in Taiwan. Quality is good, as you'd expect from Yamaha. 

Lovely natural body (alder or basswood) and satin neck.  Headstock has a nice dark wood veneer. A bit of buckle rash on the back, finger marks above pickups and a few marks   Pickups I think are the original ceramic and absolutely thunderous. Controls are volume, blend and tone. All passive electronics.

Standard BBoT bridge and 38mm nut width.  Nice and comfortable to play.  Neck feels like it would be heavy but once it's on the strap, it stays put and doesn't neck dive.

Got stung on delivery and import duty, so realistically not going to get my money back on it. 

Price is £275 or near offer.

I live in East Herts and work in West Herts during the week and gig in Essex at the weekend.  Drop off or meet up is possible for free if it's on my way or can drive out of my way for fuel cost.

Can also post it at cost and at your own risk, though will be fully insured.  Don't expect that to be much less than £30.

Edit: forgot to mention that I’d be up for trading for other basses, as long as they’re extremely light weight, below 3.2kg. Nut width at least 40mm. Also, fairly shallow front to back. Short and medium scales are preferred but let me see what you got.

IMG_4796.JPG

Edited by Sharkfinger
  • Like 2