Why become a member? ×

BBC4 tonight (Friday) Tears for Fears

spectoremg

He certainly did play the cricket bat in the videos. 

Yes, this was one of the re-scheduled shows after being cancelled first time around.  Actually to say I wished I hadn't seen it was harsh as, at times, it was brilliant.  Kurt's voice was probably the worst aspect - never strong it hasn't improved with age.  But some surprise highs.  'Woman In Chains' was very good, the girl singing did a decent job and it isn't her fault she isn't Oleta Adams.  But she actually sang 'Badman's Song better than Oleta, IMO - suited her voice. 

• Like 1

Haven't watched it yet* but will do so later.

Given how good this album actually is, it's a great pity that in these days, where the Super Deluxe Edition is championed, that they couldn't just get the Big Chair line up back together (Stanley and Elias, plus the touring guys) and do some dates.  If not for vanity, do it for charity.

*Edit.  Watched it.  While I enjoy the format of Classic Albums, I honestly do wish they'd just keep on point; I honestly couldn't care any less for the input of David Draiman (Disturbed) or John Grant ('Who are these people?' asked my wife) or to a lesser extent Oleta Adams, who had zero to do with the album itself and didn't actually come on board until two years after it came out.  I find it a great pity that they didn't mention Manny Elias once either!  Slack. 6/10

Edited by NancyJohnson

5 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Haven't watched it yet* but will do so later.

Given how good this album actually is, it's a great pity that in these days, where the Super Deluxe Edition is championed, that they couldn't just get the Big Chair line up back together (Stanley and Elias, plus the touring guys) and do some dates.  If not for vanity, do it for charity.

*Edit.  Watched it.  While I enjoy the format of Classic Albums, I honestly do wish they'd just keep on point; I honestly couldn't care any less for the input of David Draiman (Disturbed) or John Grant ('Who are these people?' asked my wife) or to a lesser extent Oleta Adams, who had zero to do with the album itself and didn't actually come on board until two years after it came out.  I find it a great pity that they didn't mention Manny Elias once either!  Slack. 6/10

Manny Elias was conspicuous by his absence wasn't he? How about that unused intro to Shout - they made the right decision there.