Why become a member? ×

Hi and Ibanez SRM 805 fan fret soft case?

CyDark

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a metal and session bassist - I'm currently local to the North West UK and have been in the underground Manchester metal scene for many years. Thanks for having me! 

I've just bought a new Ibanez SRM 805 fan fret multiscale bass, as the band I'm currently on trial for plays on a low F sharp.
Does anyone have any tips about a soft case for a longer instrument? I'm not sure how much longer it is as it's being delivered on Wednesday next week but I own a GATOR Pro case for my SR 705 and would like to get one similar for the SRM 805. 

I've looked on the GATOR website but in the 'find your case' toggle there isn't one for the SRM 805. mmmm...

• Like 1

The 805 is exactly the same size as every other standard SR series bass, so anything you want to get should be fine.

The only thing that could be different is that the b string bridge piece is very close to the edge, but that shouldnt' cause an issue to something with padding on the bottom. When I had mine it just lived in whatever regular case I was using at the time - I think it was before my blake, so probably a thomman.