Why become a member? ×

New G&L ‘Fallout’ Bass

dannybuoy

9 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

There appear to be no nice colours though :(

Just those minging stripy ones on the website.

British racing green? I'm G&L fanboi so love the colours and love Ed Friedland's reviews so the above video was great. 

Interesting what he says about notes on the G string having more weight. 

1 minute ago, dannybuoy said:

US Fender P basses are around £1600, with which these are competing.

But they're overpriced too! Fender prices have shot up more in the last 10 years than most other products in existence.

Yeah I wasn't really dissing G&L specifically, I'd happily state Fender and Musicman basses are equally insanely priced 🤣

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

US Fender P basses are around £1600, with which these are competing.

But they're overpriced too! Fender prices have shot up more in the last 10 years than most other products in existence.

I was thinking more of it competing against the Fender American Performer Mustang which is about £900.  Granted there's more bells and whistles on the Fallout but they are both essentially 'retro sound' passive shorties.

Obviously I've never compared them in the flesh, but the American Performer is a 'budget' line compared to the usual American Fenders which cost a good 50% more. No idea where the G&L sits but would've thought it closer in build quality and therefore price of the American Professional range.

They all cheaper than Musicman basses though!

That G and L bass sounds great - especially with Ed Friedland playing it. Interesting that a lot of country players are using short scale basses. 

@dannybuoy the Stingray short scale is around/just over £2k, but the SBMM short scale Stingray is around £700. 

Edited by drTStingray
Insane autocorrect

I want to like it but being the build I am and having hands like baseball mitts, I just don't think I'd get on with a short scale. 

On the other hand, I really love the design and only wish for G&L to release a 34" scale for us man apes 😂😂 

Definitely seems like short scales are all the rage atm. 

• Like 1