Why become a member? ×

Workshop for hire?

BrunoBass

I’m constantly impressed and inspired by the bass build diaries on Basschat, as well as build videos on YouTube etc. 

I’ve built, or rather assembled, basses from parts, which has been a fun and learning experience. I feel now that I’d like to get deeper into this and build a bass (or basses) from scratch. I have neither the funds or space to kit out a wood working shop, as much as I’d like to, so I’m wondering if there are such things as workshops for hire? I can’t find anything online, and I suspect H&S / insurance implications maybe preclude such a service, but I’m thinking if anyone knows someone on Basschat will.

I used to work in a fabricating shop and have experience (although not recent) of using routers, band saws and assorted other things that can hurt you, so I’m not a total noob at wood working.

On 13/02/2020 at 08:50, BrunoBass said:

I’m constantly impressed and inspired by the bass build diaries on Basschat, as well as build videos on YouTube etc. 

I’ve built, or rather assembled, basses from parts, which has been a fun and learning experience. I feel now that I’d like to get deeper into this and build a bass (or basses) from scratch. I have neither the funds or space to kit out a wood working shop, as much as I’d like to, so I’m wondering if there are such things as workshops for hire? I can’t find anything online, and I suspect H&S / insurance implications maybe preclude such a service, but I’m thinking if anyone knows someone on Basschat will.

I used to work in a fabricating shop and have experience (although not recent) of using routers, band saws and assorted other things that can hurt you, so I’m not a total noob at wood working.

Where are you?

On 17/02/2020 at 19:42, walshy said:

If you are anywhere near Hexham Northumberland I make furniture, kitchens and Shepherd Huts and have a large woodworking workshop you're more than welcome to use. Thats where I make some of my bits too!

I’m a very long way from there unfortunately, but thanks very much for the kind offer! 👍🏻😊

• Like 1