Why become a member? ×

A new case of Corona hits the household

Soledad

Was trying to stay out of harm's way this year. Got to February and decided I needed a PJ. There's a really good USA Deluxe for sale on here, but I decided I wanted a passive.
Spotted this at Bass Direct... and next thing it's here. Yet more of Corona's finest.
This one's a '98 Special with std P neck of the period, passive VVT controls.
First excuse the rubbish pics - old phone and too mean to replace.
Now then - really don't know what the previous owner of some 22 years did with this bass... absolutely nothing I suspect.  It's like new old stock. He never even opened the poly bag with all the candy in - it's still sealed complete with truss rod key. And there's a clue. So Bass Direct listed it as cleaned and set up. Well, it wasn't set up cos that truss rod has never been touched I think, since it left the factory. Still, all went very well and neck now exactly how I like it, with new EB Cobalts fitted.
So far - really good, sounding quite glorious through my GB900 and PJB 6B cab. It definitely sounds P-like with the front p'up full, back (bridge) off, and then I get a load of interesting sound options including the back p'up funk thing, and a fab scooped both-full + full treble sound. Been a Precision fan for years but never tried a P/J. I think I'm going to like this... and it's very shiny :)

ppj1.jpg

ppj2.jpg

ppj3.jpg

• Like 4