Why become a member? ×

Rootmaster 500 Evo?

Chris1127

Interested to hear anyone's experiences with a Rootmaster 500 Evo 112 combo - considering one to use with double bass (k&k preamp and wing/neck pickup) and playing with a reasonably loud drummer and couple of guitarists with small-ish valve amps but keen on cranking them up(!). I've got a 115 purple chili or a 210 db elbee I can pair them up with for gigs etc but interested to hear if anyone has one, and how they have found it for volume in the mix and reliability, especially upright players (pizz and slap). Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone was curious, I took a chance on a used rootmaster 500 evo 112 combo, great sound and very versatile, but unfortunately just doesn't have the headroom that my Bugera Veyron head has with an upright. Without using an ext cab (and so probably running at more like 300w at 8ohms) it kept up with a couple of cranked 15w valve combos and a loud drummer but was wound up pretty loud. Nice light portable combo though, but I will be sticking with the Veyron and the DB Elbee 210

yeah that's the one! I think they do make a matching 112, i was trying to find the spec on the white line speakers and found it under the cab spec. Great little amp and well looked after but not for me unfortunately. A bugera nuke head has come up locally so may be up for sale again if you are still interested? I did a deal on it at 220.