Why become a member? ×

Anyone using a Genzler Magellan 350?

NJE

I decided to pack up playing a few months ago and I sold my Tonehammer 350. I then got coaxed into playing with an old band so I need a new head.

I don’t want to spend much but the Genzler has caught my eye along with a couple of others and I was wondering if any folks on here had been using one and what the overall impression of them is, durability and tone etc.

I have a Magellan 800 and love it. Big fat warm and bloody loud (the amp, not me!). It actually sounds pretty thick and valvey to me at gig levels. The switchable contour is useful. Feels really well made - nice metal casing and knobs and it has some weight to it which is nice. Useful having the aux in/headphone out sockets too. I think the 350 is pretty much the same thing with a bit less output and no drive channel. I would cheerfully recommend one :-)

There's a very good thread here about them.... 

Edited by Mudpup
  • Thanks 1

Two good real world reviews is always helpful, thanks chaps! What is also swaying me is the aux in and headphone out, that could be a real help.

i have bought too many amps without trying in the past so I might actually try and find one to test out somewhere.