Why become a member? ×

NBD: Sadowsky Will Lee

RichValentine

Went in to the Bass Gallery today to put my old bass up for commission sale and try a few basses out. Thank you to the excellent staff in there for all their help and subsequent set up. I am now a very happy owner of the Sadowsky Will Lee they had for sale in there, although one of my idols was in there at the same time getting some work done on their basses so had no idea what to play! 

Really versatile bass and way too good for me but I am unlikely to be in a position where I could do something like this again. 

IMG_20200211_182300.jpg

IMG_20200211_182319.jpg

Edited by RichValentine
  • Like 15

Pino Palladino. Walked in and someone was playing something downstairs amongst the vintage Fenders... I thought the player sounded good. Turns out he was. 

I'm not a great bassist by any stretch because I've only just started relearning but I can safely say my mind went blank... Oh well. Scales it is! 

Edited by RichValentine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RichValentine said:

Pino Palladino. Walked in and someone was playing something downstairs amongst the vintage Fenders... I thought the player sounded good. Turns out he was. 

I'm not a great bassist by any stretch because I've only just started relearning but I can safely say my mind went blank... Oh well. Scales it is! 

Ah well! Not there to impress anyone, but to feel your way into your new bass. Lovely WL! I’m a massive Sadowsky fan and user and yours is a beaut. That too is gorgeous and really interesting in equal measure!

11 hours ago, RichValentine said:

You could have bluffed it and asked him to listen to your playing if he ever wanted to make anything of himself.......

Lovely bass - the top is gorgeous - and a lovely story to go with it.  Not the same level but Phil Oakey was in the shop when I went to collect my Status back in the mid '80s.

I'd concur with CameronJ - excellent taste (is that a Moody strap in the image - only the best all round!)

• Like 1

Spent a couple of hours with it today and I am blown away by 1. how good it sounds and 2. how many different sounds I can get from it.  Really impressed with the electronics and the Will Lee "mid" switch really adds a lot to as well.  Everything from Marcus twang to Motown.

Genuinely love it!

Edited by RichValentine

On 11/02/2020 at 22:41, RichValentine said:

Uhhhh......that's a nightmare scenario.

I'm glad it wasn't me trapped in The Bass Gallery with Pino (you really know he's listening to every note you play.......and JUDGING you).  :sad:

• Haha 1

On 15/02/2020 at 12:21, ezbass said:

I’ve never met him, but from the small amount I’ve seen in print and on the tv, this comes as no surprise. One of those situations where it would be ok to meet your hero.

To be honest, most of the name bass players I’ve met - and I’ve met a lot - have been very nice. Some have been exceptionally nice, Pino being one, but only one springs to mind as being less pleasant than I’d hoped. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 4000 said:

To be honest, most of the name bass players I’ve met - and I’ve met a lot - have been very nice. Some have been exceptionally nice, Pino being one, but only one springs to mind as being less pleasant than I’d hoped. 

Cmon!!!! 😆