Why become a member? ×

Hello from Lichfield, Staffordshire

Peter204

Hi everyone,

I started playing bass when I was in my teens.  I got a holiday job for the Easter school holiday and blew every penny I'd earned (£15!!) on a Framus Star Bass. I gave up after a short while - probably didn't help the joint between the neck and body was shot which made the Framus almost unplayable anywhere above the fourth fret!  I then took it up again in my 30s, having mended the neck joint!!

I play in a barn dance and ceilidh band called the Reel Hot Ceilidh Peppers.  I've been using an Ibanez Soundgear bass for many years, but have just got a Fender Precision Lyte.  I use a Hartke HA3500 amp with two Hartke Hydrive112 cabinets.  I've also got a Vox White Shadow fretless with EMG pickups and a Hofner HAB-01E acoustic bass.

I still have the Framus Star Bass which is currently having a re-fret and a few other repairs.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

Welcome aboard!

As you're in Lichfield,  then if you are free on 9th May do try to get to the Midlands Bass Bash: 

Doveridge Village Hall, Sand Lane, Doveridge, Ashbourne DE6 5JQ

And bring your Framus 🙂

Edited by Richard R
Added address to spare the OP wading through to find it.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard!

As you're in Lichfield,  then if you are free on 9th May do try to get to the Midlands Bass Bash: 

Doveridge Village Hall, Sand Lane, Doveridge, Ashbourne DE6 5JQ

And bring your Framus 🙂

Thanks, Richard. 

I've put 9th May in my diary.  I'll definitely bring the Framus if it's finished by then.

• Like 2

Just up the road from me. Strangely enough, my first bass was a short scale Framus just like the one below., I obtained it from a 'pawn shop' called The Trade-In Post in Shifnal. Sadly, I no longer have mine. Can't remember what I did with it but it would have been nice to have kept it just for sentimental value. Hopefully see you at a future 'Midlands Bass Bash'

framus.jpg.a5504d7673acda8f4584bffdc5606822.jpg