Why become a member? ×

Gaaaaaargh! What a horror story!

Teebs

On 12/02/2020 at 07:03, Beedster said:

If there's humans involved, no matter how well trained or skilled they are, and no matter how critical the task, there will at some stage be human error :(

Those blasted humans are up to their old tricks again 😫

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/instruments/double-bass/smashed-turkish-airlines-flight/

• Sad 2

There was a guy on the radio from the manufacturers and he said that as the metal frame of the piano was cracked due to the high tension put on the frame by the strings (20 tons), it was impossible to repair.

And us bassist moan when the jack socket stops working.

41:05 In this 2013 interview Ron explains that for the previous 6 years he only uses his own bass for local gigs . If he has to fly he hires a " bass du jour " and " my job is to make it sound like its not a stranger to me " . 

Regular pianists have no choice .

Chicken Shack are a British blues band, founded in the mid-1960s by Stan Webb, Andy Silvester, and Alan Morley, who were later joined by Christine Perfect in 1967. Chicken Shack has performed with various line-ups, Stan Webb being the only constant member. Wikipedia

The moment that Christine Perfect slagged off the (especially tuned) piano at my venue is forever etched on my mind - I used to introduce them as 'The Christine Perfect Band' - they liked that (not) (shrug)

😎