Why become a member? ×

Ashdown 330 spyder head - **SOLD**
£150
Bolton

Pow_22

Me and this head have a bit of history.  Bought originally in around 2012 I later sold it to a fellow BCer....fast forward to 2020 and I bought it back from said BCer!  These are my go to head when i'm either sharing backline or playing a venue unsuitable for my valve head.  They are easily my favourite non valve amp but we are again lucky enough to have our own rehearsal space and currently gigs that allow my trusted old Peavey valve head

It comes loaded with a Ruby 12AX7 HG5 in V1 and a JJ ECC83 in V2.  I generally crank the gain on these and adjust volume to taste getting a nice gritty driven tone with either my flats loaded P bass or Burns Bison.  Currently runs through an Ashdown 1510HX that is also for sale (will do the whole rig for £250 collected!).  Usual Ashdown quality back up with excellent after care.

Plenty online about these valve pre-amp/hybrid heads and I will follow up with pictures at tonights rehearsal.

Collection would be from Bolton but could arrange meet up if needed.

Edited by Pow_22

Would trade/part ex for a decent 4ohm bass cab (ideally a 410 but 115 or something may do) something like a peavey 410TVX or an Ampeg b410 hlf, has to be 4ohm tho

Sorted a 4ohm Peavey 4x10 now so no trades im afraid

Edited by Pow_22

17 hours ago, Quilly said:

If I wasn't already drowning in amps Id have your hand off, this is a bargain!  

Cheers Quilly, they are great amps.  Stick this with an Ashdown 4x10 (I really like the old original shelf ported rat fur MAG series) and you'll have an excellent rig for not much coinage.  Even better stick it with the Ashdown CL-610 advertised on here and that's a serious rig!

2 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

Cheers Quilly, they are great amps.  Stick this with an Ashdown 4x10 (I really like the old original shelf ported rat fur MAG series) and you'll have an excellent rig for not much coinage.  Even better stick it with the Ashdown CL-610 advertised on here and that's a serious rig!

I picked up the Spyder 550 there a few months ago so I’m good for spyders for the time being 😅

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic