Why become a member? ×

NBD: not quite what I had in mind- Ric content

Old Horse Murphy

38 minutes ago, BlueMoon said:

Me too, but I always feared the dreaded colour-bleed into the body binding. Not sure why blue seemed to be particularly affected or whether they eventually got it sorted.

Think this is luck of the draw B.

My 2010 Mid Blue was supposed to be a bad year for bleed and paint falling off around the bridge but so far, 10 years on, it's solid as a rock and no bleed.  Having said this, I'm still not convinced that RIC have fully solved the problems with their UV cure paints on solid colours.....

5 hours ago, BlueMoon said:

Me too, but I always feared the dreaded colour-bleed into the body binding. Not sure why blue seemed to be particularly affected or whether they eventually got it sorted.

They sorted it anyway...

They discontinued the Midnight Blue. :D 

Edited by Skybone

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 17:56, owen said:

As an aside, nice pointing work on that wall.

Thank you. Our builder hates it as the previous owners used cement as opposed to lime mortar (very bad) and apparently "snail trails" are a Worcestershire/Shropshire thing, not a Monmouth thing! Who would've known?

It's on a long list of things to do at some point...

7 hours ago, owen said:

Builders! Every builder I have ever paid has spent time telling me how poor every other builder is. What are they like?

To be fair cement mortar instread of lime mortar is pretty poor. 
I can walk around our village and you can tell the walls where someone has used cement mortar in the past as the stone has all blown out instead of the mortar eroding! 

21 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Well, as lovely as it is as as great sounding as it is, it's a hmmm from me. Ergonomically it's aggravating some nerve damage in my forearm, so I think we'll have to part ways sadly :(

I feel your pain, literally. That and the weight on my left shoulder (despite large padded strap) is why my 4003s had to move on ☹️.

20 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Well, as lovely as it is as as great sounding as it is, it's a hmmm from me. Ergonomically it's aggravating some nerve damage in my forearm, so I think we'll have to part ways sadly :(

Sorry to hear this. Weirdly, Rics are some of the only basses that don’t do this to me, possibly because I learned to play on them and adjusted accordingly. Anything with a big forearm contour absolutely wrecks me. In fact I even experienced the same thing the last time I played a Spector, which you wouldn’t think possible.