Left leaderboard
Teebs

Manchester Amp Tech - Any Recommendations?

Does anyone have any recommendations for an amp tech in the Manchester area?

My Ibanez Promethean P20 mini combo has stopped working - details here:

I realise that it might be cheaper to just buy another amp, but I really love this one, and I hate the idea of scrapping something that might live again.

Thanks in advance :)

Nip over the hill to Matamp in Meltham ?,  Jeff Lewis owns and runs the place, ring him,  maybe ?

If you do go,  let me know,  depending on date and time,  i might pop over to meet you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that TBB - That's not far at all - near my Dad's!

Do you live in Metham?

I'll let you know if I can sort something out.

Cheers! smiley

Close,  i live in  Holmfirth,   but,     Jeff Lewis,  current long term owner of Matamp,  was in the same year at school as me,  he bought from Mathias's widow when he passed,. he was already working there.

3 minutes ago, Taylor beach-blues said:

Close,  i live in  Holmfirth,   but,     Jeff Lewis,  current long term owner of Matamp,  was in the same year at school as me,  he bought from Mathias's widow when he passed,. he was already working there.

I've emailed them explaining, so hopefully they can help. I'll let you know.

Fingers crossed :/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rblake80
      Up for sale is my SWR Super Redhead with extension Son of Bertha 1x15 Cabinet.
      Both have been in my possession since new (purchased 2002). Purely need the funds at the moment to pay the bills which is why they're up for sale and very competitively priced. £400 for both sold as a pair. Depending on interest I may decide to split, but at present am only selling together.
      Would Ideally like a pickup, or meet-up halfway (distance dependent). For anyone with a project studio, I don't think you can get finer that a 'one thing does most' studio combo. The original power on/off rocker switch has been replaced (as visible in pics)
      The 1x15 has been replaced with a Beyma LX60 (Version1) after the original SWR cone's centre started to make a bid for freedom many years ago! Specs of the Beyma can be found in the link: The addition of the 1x15 really helps add some weight to the sound, although the combo alone is perfectly suited to most normal playing situations.
      https://usspeaker.com/beyma 15LX60-1.htm
      Both have had covers since day 1, so the carpeting is in excellent condition and I even dragged out the original spiral bound Super Redhead manual... Am sad to let these go, but hopefully someone out there knows the SWR legacy and wants to put these to good use - Sometimes lighter doesn't always mean better...
      A few specs:
      Super Redhead Bass Combo Specifications:
      22-1/2"W x 21-1/4"H x 16"D (with the front cover attached, the depth is increased to 16-3/4") 80 lbs.
      Classic SWR preamp with Aural Enhancer 2 -12AX7 Preamp Tubes - (Preamp & Tube DI) Front ported (slot) eliminates unwanted noise All-tube studio-quality Direct Out with front-panel controls including ground lift, level pad, and mute 3-band active EQ with variable midrange, pull turbo (ultra-low) and transparency (ultra-high) controls SWR compressor circuit Tuning Mute Side-chain effects loop with Blend control Single empty rack space for tuner or effects unit Tuning Mute Internal Speaker Defeat switch 1/4" inputs (Active & Passive) Gain control (with Pre Amp clip LED) Aural Enhancer control Bass control (with "Pull Turbo") Mid-Range Level control Mid-range Frequency control Treble control (with "Pull Transparency") Compressor control (with Compression LED) Master Volume control (with Power Amp clip LED) Tube DI Line/Direct (sliding switch) Tube DI Mute/Line (sliding switch) Tube DI Ground Lift (sliding switch) Tube DI Pad control 1/4" Headphone jack Effects Blend control Internal Speaker On/Off (rocker switch) Power On/Off (rocker switch) Son of Bertha Cab - Dimensions: 23.25 in. W x 20.25 in. H x 18.5 in. D Weight: 60 lbs.
      Any questions then please ask and I'll do my best...

• By CJPJ
      ** NOW SOLD **
      I'm having a bit of a clear out and now selling my two Mark Bass Combo/Cabs. Purchased new in late 2018 from Andertons, these have had moderate use and are in very good and unmarked condition. They sound absolutely wonderful with no distortion, rattles or any imperfections. The specs for the cabinets are below but the Amp is fit for 500 watts with the speaker in series giving plenty of headroom. Speakon cable included.
      I would consider splitting the two (£450 for the Combo and £250 for the Cab) but would need to ensure buyer in place for each as I don't want to be left with one and not the other (!).
      Markbass CMD102P v2 Bass Combo Specs Speaker Size: 2x10" Tweeter: Piezo Bass Port : Front IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms Amp Output Power: 500W @ 4 ohm / 300W @ 8 ohm Speaker Power: 400W RMS (AES Standard) Pre-Amp: solid state Weight: 44 lbs / 19.9 kg H: 18.9 in. / 47.9 cm W: 23.4 in. / 59.4 cm D: 18.7 in. / 47.5 cm  
      Markbass TRV 151 P 8 ohm Traveller Bass Cabinet Specs Speaker Size: 1x15 in. Power: 400W RMS (AES Standard) Impedance: 8 ohms Weight: 37.3 lbs / 16.9 kg H: 18.3 in. / 46.4 cm W: 23.39 in. / 59.4 cm 😧 17.05 in. / 43.3 cm  
      You are welcome to come and inspect and play through the cabs for as long as you like with your own bass or I can provide one. I work in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire and so could potentally arrange something inbetween there and Leatherhead.
      Any questions, please just ask.

• By basskit_case
      Selling my Blackstar BEAM practice combo  in excellent like new condition. Great practice unit for home use, decent Bluetooth music player too used sparingly.
      The unit is designed for bass, electric and acoustic guitars.  It comes with two bass specific effects on board, envelope and distortion.
      it is also a fully functional audio interface.
      Only selling as I replaced with an Ashdown unit.
      unit is like new, £125 includes delivery.

• By loremil
      Selling this TC Electronic BG250-112 Bass Guitar Combo. Used but condition like  new and fully functional. Includes the handy toneprint control, allowing you to beam various effects directly into the amp from your phone!
      Collection only in London. Current price new: £288.
      Thanks for looking!
      Specs:
      BG250-112
      Input Section
      Input connector 1/4" jack
      Input impedance 500 kOhm / 100 pF
      Gain range -96 to 36dB
      Tone control
      Bass 80Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 100Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
      Mid 500Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 800Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
      Treble/ Tweeter Tone Center Freq: 1800Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 3150Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
      Tube Tone 0 to 10, Tube amp Recreation
      Tone Print 0 to 10 embedded parameters for TonePrints
      Tuner Bass Tuner, always on
      Tuning range B0 (30.87Hz) to G4 (392.00Hz)
      Mute Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
      Master Level / Headphones Output Studio quality headphone amp
      HP Out Impedance 40 to 600 Ohm
      Mains supply 100 - 240V~ 50/60Hz (70W @ 1/8 of Max. Output)
      Power module rating 250w (500w instantaneus Peak @ min. Load) TCE Power rating and Active Power Management
      Balanced output Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
      Bal. Out Max. +2dBu
      Bal. Out Optimal Load Impedance 600 Ohm
      Rehearsal input 1/8" jack input, fits to iPod®
      Operating / Storage Temperature 0° C to 50° C / -30° C to 70° C
      Humidity Max. 90 % non-condensing
      Dimensions 462 x 620 x 380 mm / 18.2" x 24.4" x 15.0"
      Weight 15.8 kg / 34.8 pounds
      Finish Tolex covered. Handcrafted plywood box
      Porting Front porting
      Woofer TC Electronic custom 12"
      Tweeter TC Electronic custom Piezo