Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage II (2) - 5 String - Early 1990s - SOLD
£1799

bagsieblue

Warwick Streamer Stage II (2)  - 5 String
£1599 Shipped mainland UK.

Here is my, Warwick SS 2. 
I believe it dates from between 1991 to 1993 from the features on the bass.
I cannot find a serial number on it, so most likely it is possibly a refinish.
5 String Streamer Stage II's of this age are relatively rare.
It is identifiable as Streamer Stage II from the Ying Yang inlays.

Note that the active pre amp has a trim pot inside the cavity to adjust the output of the active circuit.  Again, this is a feature of early 90's Warwicks

In very good condition, especially considering the bass in getting close to 30 years old. 

I have photographed the scuff on the underside of the bass near the jack socket and also a very small (hard to photograph) hairline lacquer crack just under the brass nut.  You may need to zoom in on the photograph to see this.  It is very small but I though it was worthy of a mention.  Therefore please be aware that cosmetically the bass in not a pristine museum piece.

IMG_20200101_124045.jpg

IMG_20200101_124049.jpg

IMG_20200101_124052.jpg

IMG_20200101_124052_1.jpg

IMG_20200101_124056.jpg

IMG_20200101_124100.jpg

IMG_20200101_124114.jpg

IMG_20200101_125916.jpg

IMG_20200101_125922.jpg

IMG_20200101_1240451.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue
  • Like 10

The serial number is usually on the cutting or back of the head. And there is no doubt that color is not the original is seen to have traces of paint on the bronze cejuela. Beautiful bass is one of my favorite Warwick sounds delight.

On 28/02/2020 at 09:43, KUSKU said:

The serial number is usually on the cutting or back of the head. And there is no doubt that color is not the original is seen to have traces of paint on the bronze cejuela. Beautiful bass is one of my favorite Warwick sounds delight.

I wouldn't necessarily agree. That age of bass the serial will be at the end of the headstock, and probably filled in with the paint. I think they painted them with the nut stuck on as there won't be any finish under the nut. 

Just now, LukeFRC said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree. That age of bass the serial will be at the end of the headstock, and probably filled in with the paint. I think they painted them with the nut stuck on as there won't be any finish under the nut. 

I tend to agree!

I must admit I'm really unsure if it is an original finish or not, there are no obvious clues in the cavity either.

I know the lack of an apparent serial number from this age of Warwick doesn't really prove much either way.

One think that makes me lean towards it being a refinishes the way the red finish borders the front face of the headstock when viewed full on - I cant recall seeing that on other Warwicks.

20 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

I tend to agree!

I must admit I'm really unsure if it is an original finish or not, there are no obvious clues in the cavity either.

I know the lack of an apparent serial number from this age of Warwick doesn't really prove much either way.

One think that makes me lean towards it being a refinishes the way the red finish borders the front face of the headstock when viewed full on - I cant recall seeing that on other Warwicks.

looks right to me - like this one. http://www.reallygreatguitars.com/product/superb-1991-warwick-6-string-custom-thumb-bass-in-red-ex-mario-cipollina-huey-lewis-the-news/#prettyPhoto  you can see the one of the headstock where they have found the serial under the paint a wee bit.

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

looks right to me - like this one. http://www.reallygreatguitars.com/product/superb-1991-warwick-6-string-custom-thumb-bass-in-red-ex-mario-cipollina-huey-lewis-the-news/#prettyPhoto  you can see the one of the headstock where they have found the serial under the paint a wee bit.

!! - Thank You.

On 09/03/2020 at 20:49, bagsieblue said:

!! - Thank You.

However i have owned a painted(well thick black poly coat) stage 1 of this same era which had no serial what so ever when that poly was stripped back. 

Also, the trim pot, imo actually controls (boost/cut)the mids not the overall output. 

15 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

However i have owned a painted(well thick black poly coat) stage 1 of this same era which had no serial what so ever when that poly was stripped back. 

Also, the trim pot, imo actually controls (boost/cut)the mids not the overall output. 

Thanks - yes, not unheard of for a block colour finished Warwick to have no apparent serial number.

On the trim pot - on this bass it controls the active output (gain). 

41 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Thanks - yes, not unheard of for a block colour finished Warwick to have no apparent serial number.

On the trim pot - on this bass it controls the active output (gain). 

No worries. So is this bass painted or is it poly coated?

Ah ok, thought it would have been the same as my Stage 1 but you live and learn.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ander87 said:

hey bud - weight and string spacing?

Weight is 5.19KG

String spacing I measure currently set at 16mm - see photo too.  Of course the string spacing at the bridge is variable within the confines of the adjustable Warwick bridge saddles.  Again, see the photo  to see the scope for varying the string spacing at the bridge.

IMG_20200415_094934.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Weight is 5.19KG

String spacing I measure currently set at 16mm - see photo too.  Of course the string spacing at the bridge is variable within the confines of the adjustable Warwick bridge saddles.  Again, see the photo  to see the scope for varying the string spacing at the bridge.

thank you!

• MB1 locked this topic