Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH500X- SOLD
£250
Cardiff

woolf

I believe this amp was the top of the range in the early 80’s. I think this one is an ‘84. It has the legendary GP11 pre-amp.

Absolute beast of an amp with bi-amp facility, essentially two AH250’s in one enclosure. The sound is epic, classic Trace.

All sliders and knob covers present. Working brilliantly. This is far too heavy and impractical for me. It weighs a lot!

I can get quotes for delivery but collection would be best due to the weight.

Trial welcomed in Cardiff.

EE6E001D-204A-4DAB-AC6A-4E2F9E572C4C.jpeg

3031B2B3-6869-4093-9A4F-7EA309850C6D.jpeg

A2F20E90-6A4A-4806-8CC5-420105DEE191.jpeg

Edited by woolf
  • Like 5

I have one of these and can happily confirm it is utterly superb. 

Two amps in one, light as a feather. *

*Compared to an Ampeg SVT, Panzer VIII Maus tank, Mr Creosote that kind of thing**

**But, seriously don't be out off by the weight,This is a great amp. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have something similar - I'm keeping it as part of the Nuclear deterrent....absolute monster of an amp.

Any would be buyer should get themselves a barrow of some sort making this less cumbersome to move - they'll be more than happy with the results from this (especially at this price).

GLWTS

• Like 1

Mine was (I think) an earlier model. Two power amps, giving 250 watts each into 4 ohms. On the back panel there were rocker switches on each amplifier's output designated 'electronic crossover' - upper one was either 'full range' / 'high pass', lower one 'full range' /'low pass'. Both channels had a level control knob, and speaker jack output and XLR output. No way of bridging it, but TBH didn't really need to!! Loud as hell.

1 hour ago, andybassdoyle said:

My back is already trembling but can I ask, how do does this work when bridged? 500 into 4 or 8?

Also how do you control the hi/low pass split? 

This is the brochure page for the MKV version of this amp which explains all (as you can see the rear controls are exactly the same as this MkIV):

image.png.109acb9f378bd4f6ab5e5c49e619982a.png

39 minutes ago, Deedee said:

This is the brochure page for the MKV version of this amp which explains all (as you can see the rear controls are exactly the same as this MkIV):

Thanks for posting this 👍

If you can get this on to a stage with your spine in tact, then it doesn’t get much better (IMO), proper earth shattering stuff.

The folk-lore about Trace watts is true!! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2020 at 16:28, andybassdoyle said:

My back is already trembling but can I ask, how do does this work when bridged? 500 into 4 or 8?

Also how do you control the hi/low pass split? 

mine will be set up at the SWBB in April if you fancy a look at it in all its bi-amped goodness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1