Why become a member? ×

Wilcock Basses

TheGreek

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Tim Lefebvre playing a BiSonic at the Vortex last night. Had a chat in the interval with him and Mister Wilcock about his basses, and the 60s-English influence of Harmann, Burns Shergold etc (I'm a fan of the latter and enjoyed the Marathon-esque look of the BiSonic). Lovely basses!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toneknob said:

Saw Tim Lefebvre playing a BiSonic at the Vortex last night. Had a chat in the interval with him and Mister Wilcock about his basses, and the 60s-English influence of Harmann, Burns Shergold etc (I'm a fan of the latter and enjoyed the Marathon-esque look of the BiSonic). Lovely basses!

He played the BiSonic with Wayne Krantz at Ronnie Scott's last month too. Super looking basses, and they do long scale models now as well.

Slight thread derail but how was the gig? JZ Replacement was one of my favourite gigs last year, but I couldn't make this one.

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

He played the BiSonic with Wayne Krantz at Ronnie Scott's last month too. Super looking basses, and they do long scale models now as well.

Slight thread derail but how was the gig? JZ Replacement was one of my favourite gigs last year, but I couldn't make this one.

Wish I'd known about the Krantz gig. Who else was in the line-up?

JZ was brilliant, thanks. Mostly material from the new album. I was lucky enough to get a ringside seat, front and centre. Jamie and Tim are a powerhouse.

edit: and to add to that, I've seen Tim Lefeb a couple of times before but only last night was I up close enough to appreciate his control of a Electro-Harmonix Frequency Analyzer with toe power alone

Edited by toneknob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...