Why become a member? ×

A happy ending to a stolen gear story

bassbiscuits

Just went to post this, and was delighted someone else had seen it.  Good news indeed 🙂

My bike is registered on the National Bike Register, and includes both visible and covert marking on the frame and components.  I appreciate musical instruments are sold and traded more than bikes, but is anyone aware of an equivalent musical instrument register?

...but it turns out they weren't the brightest bass pedals on the board!

Band's stolen equipment found in Cash Generator store

Do NothingImage copyrightTOM MORLEY Image captionDo Nothing are from Nottingham

Do Nothing, from Nottingham, appealed for help after gear worth £1,000 was taken from an underground car park. The items were recovered a day later from a Cash Generator store. 

...and the seamless link to this forum...

"Bass is a massive part of what Do Nothing sound like. If you take that away they wouldn't sound like the same band."

Now to check out what these guys sound like when they do have their equipment!

...So I guess this unfortunate experience was more than worth it for the £50,000 of free publicity they've just had? I'd never heard of these guys before (and may have gone to my grave not doing so) had it not been for the local good-for-nothings doing their thing.

10 minutes ago, spencer.b said:

Seems odd that this was on the BBC news front page , "the kick drum pedal has yet to recovered" alongside  all sorts of hideous crimes and important stuff !!

Sound engineers across the land are screaming BASS DRUM pedal at their (computer) monitors!!!

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2020 at 13:40, Al Krow said:

...but it turns out they weren't the brightest bass pedals on the board!

Band's stolen equipment found in Cash Generator store

Do NothingImage copyrightTOM MORLEY Image captionDo Nothing are from Nottingham

Do Nothing, from Nottingham, appealed for help after gear worth £1,000 was taken from an underground car park. The items were recovered a day later from a Cash Generator store. 

...and the seamless link to this forum...

"Bass is a massive part of what Do Nothing sound like. If you take that away they wouldn't sound like the same band."

Now to check out what these guys sound like when they do have their equipment!

...So I guess this unfortunate experience was more than worth it for the £50,000 of free publicity they've just had? I'd never heard of these guys before (and may have gone to my grave not doing so) had it not been for the local good-for-nothings doing their thing.

I’ve got to agree here, as terrible as it is for some one to have their gear stolen, all you have to do is look at any musicians forum and you see this happens all the time. I would question the story behind the story, it wouldn’t surprise me to find out that one of the band was the editors son, or these guys are about to be on BBC introducing...

Im away to get my tinfoil hat out.