Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Fly Rig noises

Muppet

I havè a tech 21 bass fly rig. It works perfectly and is silent wherever and whenever I use it.  I sold it recently and the buyer is experiencing pops and clicks when using it that I have never experienced. They have tried different leads, power supplies, amps and basses although I think always in the same house.  They sent me sample videos to show their problem. They contacted tech 21 who told them immediately that it was faulty. 

They were understandably  not happy and I agreed to refund the money and accept the pedal back.  I have it back now and again, it's completely silent. No pops or clicks whatsoever. It's in perfect working order, exactly how it left me. 

Any ideas what might be going on here? I would like to put it back up for sale with a clear conscience. 

33 minutes ago, songofthewind said:

What power supply were they using? My Fly Rig 5  could run on 9 (instead of the correct 12 volts) but it was flaky as hell. 

The one that came with it. It needs a 9v 200mA supply according to the manual.

Edited by Muppet

21 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Could be their power at home?

I have found with mine that it can break up into a sort of bitcrush-y sort of sound if all of the effects are driven heavily - could it be that?

Thanks for that, domestic supply or interference is all I could think of too.  I don't think it was that sort of digital type interference that comes with extreme processing.

• Like 1

Wierd!

Mine is fine with pretty much whichever 9v supply I pick up first, and when on my board, with my TRex Fuel Tank Classic.

The only problems I ever had in operation were before realising that my hottest output bass needed the pad switch pressed in to compensate, and when I inadvertently left the headphone switch in. Other than that it's pretty much silent in operation. It must be related to the supply.

• Like 1

I sometimes come across this type of issue. When I do it's nearly always gain related. As in I have it set very high. In the videos can you see what their gain is set at on both the pedal and amp? Was the bass/es particularly high output ones? All that can create that sort of issue. 

• Like 2