Why become a member? ×

Help out an Ampeg....

Beedster

So,

I recently advertised my Ampeg PF-50/115 Flip-Top for sale, collection only from Canterbury as I no longer trust couriers following a few rather annoying incidents. As it turns out a lovely gentleman named Jeff (aka ToneFree) from the suburb of Canterbury known as Aberdeen indicated that he had his heart set on it if we could make it work. So here's asking whether anyone can help out with a rather long distance relay. If you can, please drop me or Jeff a PM or post below.

If the cab makes if from here to Aberdeen in less than one month courtesy the BC community I'm going to make a £100 donation to Barrie/Molan's charity here 

• Like 2

@ped - I'm wondering if there's scope for a dedicated Underground Railway forum? It looks like a lot of BCers travel around quite a bit. F'rinstance, I make regular train journeys between Edinburgh and London, and regular car journeys between Edinburgh and Yorkshire.

I could easily take a bass on the train (DBs excepted because of the size and the fact that peak-hour trains are aye rammed) and can take anything that'll go in a Landy between Yorkshire and Embra.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lozkerr said:

@ped - I'm wondering if there's scope for a dedicated Underground Railway forum? It looks like a lot of BCers travel around quite a bit. F'rinstance, I make regular train journeys between Edinburgh and London, and regular car journeys between Edinburgh and Yorkshire.

I reckon that is an excellent idea. Quite rightly a lot of us don't trust couriers and this is a cracking solution 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

It has been suggested before and it could work. I think someone needs to take ownership of it for it to be effective though. Possibly a dedicated thread for members to put their names down and state the routes they are willing to do.

Agreed. I think a pinned thread in the Marketplace would be the best place for it. I'm happy to do some donkey work collating names and routes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lozkerr said:

Agreed. I think a pinned thread in the Marketplace would be the best place for it. I'm happy to do some donkey work collating names and routes.

I don't think a pinned thread will work - people come and go, and it'll end up being inaccurate quite quickly, unless anyone who wanted to be involved updated you every month or so. Also pinning threads is the number one way to make sure it gets overlooked.

I think the best method would be a forum where people wanting help post the from>to in the topic title and then leave it to people to work it out from there on a case by case basis.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ped said:

I think the best method would be a forum where people wanting help post the from>to in the topic title and then leave it to people to work it out from there on a case by case basis.

That makes sense. Maybe worth adding it to the Marketplace?

• Like 1