Why become a member? ×

MR BIG IS BACK (BILLY SHEEHAN, PAUL GILBERT, ERIC MARTIN & PAT TORPEY !)

7string

Just received this e-mail from a mate of mine.

From melodicrock.com...

“Hello listeners of Koh Sakai, Burrrn presents Heavy Metal Syndicate. Koh Sakai, who was there at the very beginning for Mr. Big, and we're so happy to have a friend like him in Japan. And we're very happy, and thankful, to have all of you, as our friends. So, Mr. Big's coming back soon to play for you, we're excited to see you all, Koh Sakai, domo arigato, for 20 great years, my brother. Take care, see ya soon, This is Billy Sheehan of Mr. Big, over and out.”

“Hello to my brothers and sisters, of Koh Sakai, Burrrn presents Heavy Metal Syndicate. This is Eric Martin. You know, remember me? Right in the middle, between Billy Sheehan, Paul Gilbert, and Pat Torpey? That's right. We're back together again. Playing a town near you. Mr. Big is back!”

“Hello, Koh Sakai, Burrrn presents Heavy Metal Syndicate. This is Pat Torpey, from Mr. Big. We're back together, all original guys. Paul, Billy, me, and Eric. We can't wait to come to see everybody in Japan.”

“Hello, this is Paul Gilbert, and you are listening to Koh Sakai, on Burrrn presents Heavy Metal Syndicate. Mr. Big is back together. All original members, and we're coming to Japan to play live. So, come check it out, and rock with us. Yeah!”

A source within the Mr. Big camp further confirmed the news to me directly, adding that: "Japan is the only thing confirmed at the moment. That doesn't mean that nothing else will happen eventually, however they're going to start with Japan."

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

Glad to see that they've kissed and made up - if it is actually true that they are getting back together!

I saw them a couple of times in the early nineties (second and third album tours) - they were terrific, one of the very best no frills rock and roll bands I've ever seen.....

A lot of fair comments on here about this, and green tinted is probably their finest hour but if you,re prepared for a bit of a listen check out 'addicted to that rush' for nothing other than a chance to jump up and down on the sofa AS PER men behaving badly and get a bit of air guitar/bass.
Electric drill rock at it,s best!!! ;)

I unashamedly admit that Mr. Big is my favourite band. I have Mr Big himself tattooed on my left arm. :P

I've been a Mr. Big fan since I heard the 1st song on the 1st album and I have all 12 odd CD's that were released. Unfortunately, I also have the CD and DVD of the "farewell" concert ;)

The surprising thing about the reunion, is that they all really don't need it. Eric Martin has a solo career, Pat Torpey has been playing with different bands, Billy Sheehan has a new CD out as well as Niacin and Paul Gilbert's solo career is incredibly successful. I really hope that there is at least a live album from this, maybe even a new album but one step at a time.

The first song that the band who were known for the bass/guitar madness, the 1st they wrote together was a ballad (!) called "Had Enough" which appeared on the 1st album. Also, the hit "To Be With You" wasn't released as a single. Someone called into a radio station in Lincoln, Nebraska and requested the song. More heard it, more requested it and it snowballed from there.

My fave Mr.B song is "Alive 'n' kicking" from the 2nd album "Lean Into It".

Grab a Mr. Big album, grab your bass and have some fun :)

Guest subaudio

Great news, I loved Mr Big ! they could shred and write good songs.

Good luck to em, funnily enough, I was in a guitar shop in Tokyo in November and they had a big screen in the window with a Billy Sheehan instruction DVD on perma rotation, maybe they knew something we didnt ;)

Edited by subaudio

I really liked the Lean Into It album (Green Tinted..., Drill Song, etc). I saw them at The Forum and they were really good, although Billy's distorted tone was not to my cup of tea, so much better when he played it clean. Pablo Gilberto is an awesome guitarist and just a little bit mad ;)