Why become a member? ×

Pedal mod recommendations

NickD

I've been using a BFR for quite a while now, but it's lack of an effects loop annoys me, meaning I have to have my additional stuff (Octave, Delay, Reverb and Freeze) after it, rendering the DI pointless. I've tried alternatives, including the Valeton Dapper, but the core sound, boost and chorus on the BFR are closer to what I want.

I want to look into the possibility of modding the BFR with an effects loop, even if it needs to go in a different box, and would appreciate a pointer to anyone who does this kind of thing, ideally who someone here has used before and had a positive experience with.

TIA

Wow. Of all the replies I didn't expect... Thanks for chipping in. 

I do find it all useful with my current project, with the exception of the Octafilter section, which I can't make work well for me. It's that small flaw (purely for my needs you understand, I'm sure it does exactly what some people want), that led me to this question, so I could run out to my octave and filter, then back in.

Oh I totally get that. It's just that in my case, at this time it's very close to a one unit solution, and would avoid the almost inevitable descent into Helix territory.

Never mind, thanks very much for your advice, it's much appreciated. Congratulations on the BFR too, it's a great piece of kit.