Why become a member? ×

Nobbled by the 'Waffen

NikNik

On Reverb, too!

Floated a 'faker yesterday and it didn't last six hours before it was pulled. I didn't even name it in the title as a Rick copy but, upon checking, I foolishly stuck that in in the description. John Hall's arselickers never sleep, it would seem. 🤬

Interesting thing is, there's always fakers popping up on Reverb - in fact there's two up there now! -  and they remain for some time. I think I shot myself in the foot my mentioning 'Ricky' in the description and a lone 'Waffen drone saw the chance to crow loudly to the Apoplectic One and it was taken down. 

Not even six hours....🥺

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Funny how terms such as 'Waffen' enter the common vernacular?  

Given the 75th  Anniversary of the Holocaust the other week, you can probably count yourself very lucky that the only consequence to you by the 'Waffen' was that your listing was pulled!

Lest we 

Edited by NikNik

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

P.S. - I won’t point out that it doesn’t actually make any sense in the context it was used 

...but I will remind yous alls that the term "Rickenwaffen" has long been an established Innerwebz term, and surely @NikNik was simply using it as is.
I may not like the term, but still...

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

...but I will remind yous alls that the term "Rickenwaffen" has long been an established Innnerwebz term, and surely @NikNik was simply using it as is.
I may not like the term, but still...

I don't like it either, however, the phrase used was not "Rickenwaffen", but shortened.  Sorry, with Mod head on I'm completely with @yorks5stringer on this.  Very Inappropriate.  Perhaps @NikNik might like to change title of this thread before someone takes offence rather than just gives it.

In an effort to maybe close down the controversy, I'm happy to acknowledge that the OP did not knowingly use the phrase to cause offence but the first line of my original post still stands re how terms enter into common useage, often without a realisation what they meant.

As I don't inhabit the 'R' Forums, I was however not aware of the 'Rickenwaffen' phrase.