Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sandberg custom Ken Taylor/Neil Murray bass 4 string Demeter EQ £670
£795
NW London

RichValentine

Sandberg Custom Ken Taylor

SOLD

Bought from Neil Murray on this forum as a bass to get back into playing with.  Its genuinely excellent but I am moving to a P bass as it will suit my current bands more and it is the sound I hear in my head for bass lines.

Currently strung with EB Cobalts and it sounds brilliant. Would like get back what I paid for it at 795. Not interested in trades as I have my eye on a bass already. Would cost considerably more to get one specced this well from Sandberg. 

Details taken from Neil's thread here >>> Previous Sale

"I had this built to my specifications, from the choices on the Sandberg website. Home use only. There are plenty of small dings and marks, which is Sandberg’s interpretation of ’soft aged finish’, which wasn’t what I was expecting - I would preferred either more obvious relicing or a perfect finish.

Of course a great sounding bass, enhanced by the high-quality Demeter preamp.

Basic Ken Taylor model

Body: European ash (I think)

Top: Imbuia with matched headstock

Soft aged finish

Rosewood neck

2 Sandberg powerhumbuckers, black metal covers, split coil on bridge pickup

Electronics: Demeter BEQP-1 Bass EQ Preamplifier - active balance control which mixes two pickups and provides active equalisation for treble, middle and bass. The treble and bass are both shelving controls with 14dB of boost and cut @ 6dB per octave. The middle control is a peak control with plus and minus 12dB of cut and boost @ 6dB per octave.

Black hardware with Hipshot Bass Xtender on E machine head 

Abalone front face dots

Sandberg gig bag"

front.jpg

close front.jpg

back.jpg

headstock.jpg

Edited by RichValentine
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...