Why become a member? ×

Ludlow? BC Underground Railway Request

stewblack

Anyone in or near Ludlow? We're trying to organise a bass from Chorley to Bath(ish) 

EDIT : Updated details :

Chorley to Chester, Chester to Ludlow looks sorted.

So is anyone able to pick up in or near Ludlow then head south or south west? Cotswolds, Forest Of Dean, M5, Wye Valley? This looks to be happening second week in March. 

A Basschat relay to end all Basschat relays maybe? (not counting the other one of course) 

Edited by stewblack
update

2 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

A teensy bit more info required on this methinks! 🤣

I thought I'd start with broad brush strokes  see what response I get. You know maybe someone from up that way says they could get to The Midlands. Then I could get more specific once I knew what I was dealing with. 

It's just a bass delivery. 

51 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

The middle leg , chester to Ludlow (ish) is doable by me in about a month or so 

Thank you so much. Right, now we're moving. Let me get the Ordnance Survey out. This is assuming we can get to Chester of course! 

Edited by stewblack

7 hours ago, Grangur said:

If we're talking about a month's time, or there abouts. I can do the London-Stansted/Cambridge/Milton Keynes-ish to Bristol-ish leg.
Maybe Bath.

Thank you so much for offer, depending which direction the bass goes after Ludlow I may get back to you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

I rehearse in Chorley (Tuesdays) and travel to the in laws in Widnes semi regularly so if this helps let me know

Thank you so much for your offer. Sorted from Chorley now, but I really appreciate you putting your hand up. 

• Like 2

There's a bass I'm after darn sarf that will necessitate a trip from Chorley (where I live) to somewhere M4ish.  Downside is I need to sell the two basses I have up for sale before I can buy.  But if all goes well feel free to count me in.

Just now, ead said:

There's a bass I'm after darn sarf that will necessitate a trip from Chorley (where I live) to somewhere M4ish.  Downside is I need to sell the two basses I have up for sale before I can buy.  But if all goes well feel free to count me in.

That's really kind, keep me updated. Could solve the thing in one go. I seem to spend most of my life on the M4! 

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect this bass may be residing with me in Ludlow... As I rarely go anywhere I won't be able to take it anywhere, though I have a gig in Nottingham 27th March, one in Hereford 2nd April and one in Abertillary 12th April if that helps. Otherwise there's a possible one in Cheltenham May 2nd - though that's not confirmed.

7 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I suspect this bass may be residing with me in Ludlow... As I rarely go anywhere I won't be able to take it anywhere, though I have a gig in Nottingham 27th March, one in Hereford 2nd April and one in Abertillary 12th April if that helps. Otherwise there's a possible one in Cheltenham May 2nd - though that's not confirmed.

I'll have a day out and collect it from Ludlow, it's not a problem but thank you for offering to look after it. Mother has all sorts of family scattered around the Wye valley and forest of dean, I'll use it as an excuse to take her out to see them, then mosey on up.