Why become a member? ×

UPDATE - Well Again! Unwell Ibanez Promethean P20 - can you recommend an amp tech near Manchester

Teebs

12 hours ago, BassBunny said:

Gee Electronics in Warrington would be your best bet. Problem is just to test and establish where the problem is will cost £25 - 35. As it most likely will then need a new PCB, the cost, (if you can get one), will likely easily outweigh the value.

Roland Lumby is another possibility. Have you checked the Amp Techs thread.

Thanks for this @BassBunny

I fear that you're right regarding the cost.

I'm going to try @Taylor beach-blues

suggestion, but I'll bear in mind your advice re. Gee & Roland Lumby, & look at the Amp Techs thread as well.

Thank you 👍

• Teebs changed the title to UPDATE - Well Again! Unwell Ibanez Promethean P20 - can you recommend an amp tech near Manchester

#prayforpromethean worked! :biggrin:

On @Taylor beach-blues's recommendation took Promethean to Matamp in West Yorkshire - Jeff worked his magic & all is now well!

Fixed while I waited & chatted to TBB - thanks again! :)

It is fab to have Promethean back, and was lovely to meet TBB!

Thank you all for your comments :tatice_01:

Ps. Matamp highly recommended for repairs, and their own stuff is exquisite! The workshop is amazing! :swoon:

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Depends on the quality of the jizz I guess.....

It's more the principle of the thing, IMO. When you pay someone to do something that's what you expect them to do. 

If I wished to engage a tradesman to come round and twang his banjo till he went cross-eyed and shot his filthy yoghurt into an amplifier I would tailor my expectations accordingly. Should said tradesman arrive and proceed merely to clean my carpets I would be as disappointed as I might have been had the opposite obtained.

In any event, were I Teebs I'd be looking for some compo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...