Why become a member? ×

Doctor_of_the_bass Nick

OutToPlayJazz

Hi everyone, our very good friend Nick, aka. Doctor_of_the_bass has just undergone a four hour operartion to repair his eardrum. Luckily he made it through, so I thought we'd all like to send him our best wishes for a great bass player & not to mention great collector of gear!

Get well soon, brother!

Best wishes,

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='398641' date='Feb 3 2009, 10:01 AM']Hi everyone, our very good friend Nick, aka. Doctor_of_the_bass has just undergone a four hour operartion to repair his eardrum. Luckily he made it through, so I thought we'd all like to send him our best wishes for a great bass player & not to mention great collector of gear!

Get well soon, brother!

Best wishes,

Rich.[/quote]
+1

Get well soon Nick..

I had a very similar operation myself 21 years ago and that was about 4 hours on the operating table as well, so I can empathise completely. In my case, they had to do a skin graft onto the eardrum to repair it and that's why it is such a relatively long operation.. Helped my hearing but not my playing unfortunately!

Aww!

Just literally (or is that litearally!) got back from hospital - still alive! The surgery was actually undertaken from the outer ear so the removal of the mastoid infection was done without having to drill loads of it out from behind the ear - the new `temple-skin graft' eardrum is in place and packed so should have a better clue as to whether the hearing comes back in 3 weeks time!

Thanks for all the wishes - really appreciate them! Am staying with relatives for a few days but will be back online later this week! Stay tuned!

Nick