Why become a member? ×

budget in ear monitors

rom

I'm a bass player looking for a budget pair of IEM. I saw some Chinese brands like CCA and KZ with multiple drivers but I'm not sure how they stack up for musicians.

also checked out the MEE Audio mx4 pro but haven't seen much reviews on those for bass players.

any suggestions??

There's 2 things in play with multidriver IEMs.

Headroom. Headroom means less distortion (both perceivable and unaudible) - which gives a better and less fatiguing listening experience.

However...

When you start adding drivers, unless utilised with a properly designed phase aligned crossover (which is pretty difficult), you may get weird sounding IEMs, that can be plagued with phasing issues.

Whereas KZ are not the best sounding IEMs for critical listening, for on stage use, headroom is king.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I discovered this thread and took a punt as backup for my Ultimate Ears Triple fi IEMs, for just £40 I bought these from Amazon, just happened to get free Prime for a month too, so they arrived next day.

WOW! Not only do they look great, they sound absolutely amazing for the money. I've tried them with PC, ipod, and phone and I cannot believe how good they sound for the money, they give my far more expensive UE in ears a run for the money, just wanted to thank fellow basschatters for this thread, these Kz ZS10 pro IEMs are brilliant IMO 👍