Why become a member? ×

The End! “Auditions for The 602...a diary.”

AndyTravis

This is a really interesting thread. 

I don't present well at an audition (long standing anxiety issues) but am a real asset on stage. On the other hand I am great fun to be around in the first 12 months of any band, then the d|ck side of my nature starts to come out and I'll be great friends with one other member of the band, ambivalent about one other and detest the other one. 

I will always be first to the venue, learn everything, carry spares of everything; I'm creative and sensitive to the needs of the song, but simultaneously ridiculously over sensitive to criticism - real or imagined. 

You wouldn't know any of this from an audition. Difficult isn't it? 

• Like 4

On 19/02/2020 at 17:45, Beedster said:

Whenever any musician says that they are ‘like’ someone famous, I know that they will be nothing like them. 100% nothing like them

Unless that someone famous is also an egotistical, talentless bellend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

The world holds its breath.....

We auditioned a singer about 10 years ago, similarly young compared to us. He was a big lad, and really nervous. He had a small black bag with him. Amongst other songs we'd asked to to prepare Le Grange by ZZ Top. It's a song you can either do or not do, there's no middle ground. It was first up. He pulled out a can of 1664 from the bag, shook it, shotgunned it, and absolutely f*****g nailed the song. He didn't get the gig because others in the band were worried about his use of alcohol.

I left the band.   

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Beedster said:

The world holds its breath.....

We auditioned a singer about 10 years ago, similarly young compared to us. He was a big lad, and really nervous. He had a small black bag with him. Amongst other songs we'd asked to to prepare Le Grange by ZZ Top. It's a song you can either do or not do, there's no middle ground. It was first up. He pulled out a can of 1664 from the bag, shook it, shotgunned it, and absolutely f*****g nailed the song. He didn't get the gig because others in the band were worried about his use of alcohol.

I left the band.   

Damn! I’d drink any beer, even Stella, if it gave me the ability to sing and play like Billy Or Dusty each gig!

• Like 1