Why become a member? ×

My upcoming Newcastle Arena gigs... a kind-of diary thread

wateroftyne

Here now, but nothing to do 'till 10am. So.. time for a cuppa and bacon stottie.

The songs are proper eclectic mix. Yesterday was interesting 'cos a couple of the songs really spotlight the bass, which isn't really my thing. I'm quite enjoying it to be honest... even if I need a lie down afterwards. A couple of the guests are pretty particular about arrangements - for the right reasons - so we've had to go into microscope mode.

It all feels comfortable in the hall now. The show's going to be amazing, but the opening sequence and closing sequence (of the show in general) are absolute bangers.

Here's a vid of my route onto the stage...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

I'm fine (thanks for asking) but it was a pressure cooker from 9am 'till 11:30pm (when the evening show finished).

Not unexpected, but after a week as intense as that, I'm completely wrecked. ha ha.

Kind of hoped that's what you meant, glad to hear it. 

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

I'm fine (thanks for asking) but it was a pressure cooker from 9am 'till 11:30pm (when the evening show finished).

Not unexpected, but after a week as intense as that, I'm completely wrecked. ha ha.

Did you do a matinee as well?

Can you now reveal the songs and your thoughts about them and the learning process you went through?