Why become a member? ×

6 hours ago, Romeo2 said:

two pages in and no mention of Les Claypool yet? what's wrong with you lot?! although you might be on to something, hard to describe what he does as 'singing' ...

Did someone just... err... Mention Les Claypool?!...

“Thank ye' kindly, Gus... "

p.s. he's the self proclaimed “narrator" &/or “storyteller" he ain't never been the singer ;)

Gotta love his take on Amos Moses....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hellzero said:

The almighty Lemmy, of course. No need for a picture. If you don't know him, you know nothing about bass. Period.

Lemmy was the consummate rocker, a man so great I even named my dog after him.

Nevertheless, I take your Lemmy and raise you one Phil Lynott.  An appetite for the good things in life so great he lasted only half has long as Lemmy, and his bass playing light burned twice as bright.

1-phil-lynott-of-thin-lizzy-performs-live-richard-mccaffrey.thumb.jpg.a2e3c373cdcf50c71dac1616f175f90b.jpg

May as well lock the thread now.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I like that.

Never listened to them before.

There are 2 versions, due to the seemingly endless squabbling between Harley and John Joseph, but Harley won the rights to the name a while back, John Joseph's version hasn't produced any new material, whereas Harley seems to be rejuvenated.

Many great players and singers mentioned here and more yet to be mentioned I am sure .

My personal favourite and inspiration ( I learned to play bass by copying his bass lines by ear)...

Mr Burke Shelly  of the band , Budgie Ladies and gentlemen.

Vastly underrated band that influenced many rock bands that followed.

I saw them many times ...they once toured with Judas Priest in  support ....why Priest got the fame and Budgie didn't I will never know.

Obviously all these things are subjective and if you don't like rock music you won't like this...….( not really showing off Mr shelly's bass playing but probably their most famous song)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg

Mmmm you tube wont allow that video to be embedded so for those of you that can't be bothered to click on the link ….here's a different one ...more songs too!

Edited by Raymondo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Many great players and singers mentioned here and more yet to be mentioned I am sure .

My personal favourite and inspiration ( I learned to play bass by copying his bass lines by ear)...

I saw them many times ...they once toured with Judas Priest in  support ....why Priest got the fame and Budgie didn't I will never know.

Obviously all these things are subjective and if you don't like rock music you won't like this...….( not really showing off Mr shelly's bass playing but probably their most famous song)....

Mmmm you tube wont allow that video to be embedded so for those of you that can't be bothered to click on the link ….here's a different one ...more songs too!

How could i have forgotten Burke Shelley. Darn it he was/is good.

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Feck knows what's going on...

I've no ‘moji reactions left... (Spunked them all out, over these many great musical suggestions...) It's as though the mods get pleasure from controlling how much one can react... Well!!! I can still use symbols to create faces!!! 

:-)

You'll never take that away from me!!

...and then this...

(Can't seem to find the Red Hot Chilli Peppers link, but...)

That guitar intro riff is completely ripped off by Flea on rhcp-around the world!!!...

Anyone?!.   No?!... Anyone?...

“Shame on you Flea, shame!!"

• Haha 1