Why become a member? ×

On 04/02/2020 at 06:25, kodiakblair said:

Peter Cetera on his solo stuff.

Actually he barely ever played bass on his solo stuff. He used Pino etc...
However he sang and played some mean bass in his original Chicago tenure (from CTA to Chi 16)

Others:

David Paton (Pilot)

Jason Scheff and Jeff Coffey (later Chicago)

Gene Simmons (KISS)

Kip Winger (Winger)

Jack Blades (Night Ranger/Damn Yankees)

Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)

Edited by cetera

1 hour ago, Hobbayne said:

I have absolutely no idea who that is! 😆

I think the picture is from Wayne's world ..the lady was Wayne's girlfriend I believe..

.She could well be a famous bass player as far as I know too!

The guy on the right ( green shirt) looks like the guy in the band that won the " battle of the bands" in School of Rock ...also could be a famous guitarist for all I know !

I ain't no Film buff either ..I just happen to like Wayne's World and School of Rock 🙂

Edited by Raymondo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

I think the picture is from Wayne's world ..the lady was Wayne's girlfriend I believe..

.She could well be a famous bass player as far as I know too!

The guy on the right ( green shirt) looks like the guy in the band that won the " battle of the bands" in School of Rock ...also could be a famous guitarist for all I know !

I ain't no Film buff either ..I just happen to like Wayne's World and School of Rock 🙂

The 'girl' is actress Tia Carrere
The guitarist on the right is Marc Ferrari (guitarist of 'Keel' and now a prolific library music writer)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cetera said:

The 'girl' is actress Tia Carrere
The guitarist on the right is Marc Ferrari (guitarist of 'Keel' and now a prolific library music writer)

It's a clip from Wayne's World and Tia Carrere always reminds me of my girlfriend of the time who was half Balinese and looked VERY similar. Mmmmmm........

Marc Ferrari - Keel were part of a group of LA bands (including Black & Blue, Ratt etc) who I was into in the mid 80's. I'd recognise him anywhere. The fact that he's a prolific library music writer I know through my work at PRS.

• Like 2

Are you guys aware of who Pete Cetera is? One of the coolest rock bands EVER with horns? He, along with the keyboard & guitarist shared singing duties and CUT IT UP in the 60's/70's (sorry Pete, I lost interest in the band after Terry died...it lost it's BALLS) Guys, listen to Chicago Transit Authority (esp. Pete, "I'm A Man") and the guitarist who when Jimi Hendrix met him, said, "I wish I could play like that".

• Like 1

This my fave kxm one

dUg has done solo projects and other things like poundhound, supershine, recently released a Jimi Hendrix covers album and toured in stateside

Kings X should have a record out hopefully this year after mixing and mastering and he still does stuff with Grinder Blues

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Yep

i did

I mentioned him last, but he is first on my list

Cool!! 
For me he'd be in a three way tie with Phil Lynott and Geddy Lee, all 3 very different but equally wonderful. First saw Doug with King's X (supporting Anthrax ) way back in....'89...???!!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sykilz said:

Cool!! 
For me he'd be in a three way tie with Phil Lynott and Geddy Lee, all 3 very different but equally wonderful. First saw Doug with King's X (supporting Anthrax ) way back in....'89...???!!!!

What a gig that was I bet!

dUg still sounds great, shame they had to cancel last years tour, hopefully they can get back

Edited by Cuzzie

16 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Peter is not a fella I know much about,even less his time with Chicago. Just mind him playing bass on TV while singing some "Broken Wings"  tune.

Close, but no cigar..... wrong band. Broken Wings was by Mr Mister - singing bassist was the fantastic Richard Page.

Peter Cetera was never in Mr Mister, he was a solo artist after some 20+ years singing/playing bass in Chicago.

• Like 2