Why become a member? ×

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

Anyone remember  James Dewar ? 

Couldn't say I remember him as I'd never heard of him before now but...

Heck Yeah!!"

Amazing voice!!

Gotta love dem guitars & drums too... :swoon:

The guitarist is literally eating his tasty licks as they come out... You watch close...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

Couldn't say I remember him as I'd never heard of him before now but...

Heck Yeah!!"

Amazing voice!!

Gotta love dem guitars & drums too... :swoon:

The guitarist is literally eating his tasty licks as they come out... You watch close...

One has to be old to remember this shizzle, but before The Robin Trower band kicked off,  Dewar was bassing for LULU  ,  ( old folk here will remember her ) and also Stone The Crows ( again...old folk will remember them )

Trower himself was the guitarist in Procol Harem for a while ( old folk will remember them )  :)

James sadly died at the silly age of 59 in 2002 of a stroke after years of disability resulting from a rare medical condition

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And now someone alive : Richard Bona is an extraordinary bass player and joke teller, but such a pain in the *ss as a lead singer.

But he is alive and I saw him so many times. And each time he starts singing, I just want to smash his own bass on his own head...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Len_derby said:

Lee Jackson has never had the profile I think he deserves.

I was lucky enough to see him live in Refugee , a prog trio with Patrick Moraz on keyboards and Brian Davison on drums. Very impressive. He was playing a mirror-shiny Rickenbacker as I recall. 

I saw him with Jackson Heights around 1971 before Refugee. Have no recall as to his Bass but one of the other bands in the 3 band lineup was Every Which Way and the gig cost 60p!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

I saw him with Jackson Heights around 1971 before Refugee. Have no recall as to his Bass but one of the other bands in the 3 band lineup was Every Which Way and the gig cost 60p!

Good ol' days. :)

Mick Karn was THE fretless bass player (to me) and also a good to very good lead singer, depending on the album and the tour.

Check anything for the bass and Saday, Maday for instance to hear him sing (here live and with quite poor quality) :

3 minutes ago, Romeo2 said:

two pages in and no mention of Les Claypool yet? what's wrong with you lot?! although you might be on to something, hard to describe what he does as 'singing' ...

Saw him live too, but the last tour was disappointing. Must be the reason I "forgot" him, but I've always loved his "singing"' and of course playing. 👍

8 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Saw him live too, but the last tour was disappointing. Must be the reason I "forgot" him, but I've always loved his "singing"' and of course playing. 👍

same here, saw him with Primus in brixton academy some years ago and it was just not very good. but he's been doing some strange stuff recently, some annoying as hell, like the willy wonka-type theatre style bs but the Claypool Lennon Delirium project is superb, South of Reality they released last year is one of my favourite 2019 records

30 minutes ago, Romeo2 said:

two pages in and no mention of Les Claypool yet?

He was mentioned on page 1:

2 hours ago, itu said:

T. B. Schmit, L. Claypool, F. Saunders, Kate Davis...

Also: Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Too tired to remember more people  There are many.

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ok, one more from me - the legend that is Mike Watt

I only learnt of his existence around early 90s when the Ball-Hog or Tugboat? record came out, since then saw him live with Iggy Pop, his Missingmen project playing his Hyphenated-man record(s) but my favourite were gigs with Il Sogno Del Marinaio, Stefano on guitar and the monster drummer Andrea Belfi on drums, life-affirming live music experiences, here's a vintage 90s video with the then gunge stars:

3 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Tina!

Oooh!! YES!! :i-m_so_happy:

F-U!  Reaction limit... You give me back my reactions!!!   :-/

Very reminiscent of King Crimson “elephant talk" (just nu-wave & funked up...)

Also, a tad more pleasant ‘pon the eye... ;)

not that Adrian Belew ain't a handsome, talented chappy...

...back when music just flipped you ‘pon your back... 

(‘Bowie & Belew' - the lost jungle book story) xD

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
dem be gorgeous... sound like melt banana
  • Haha 1