Why become a member? ×

XR18-ists assemble!

Jakester

We're headlining (read: getting paid the same as everyone else but also providing the PA) at a big mod and indie event in a few weeks. The other two bands have sent their stage plots through and so I've already made scenes with named channel lists and input plans. Whilst I'm also wary of presets I've been able to do a few basic things like take an educated guess on HPF for the vocal channels and route certain things into certain effects as well.

All from my armchair, 3 weeks before a gig. This is the future.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

Well, some progress - I figured out what I was doing wrong with the effects. I hadn’t twigged that you didn’t need the effect as a channel insert as well as one of the fx ‘slots’ so I was in effect doubling up on each channel with awful results.

Total rookie error but at least I got a useable starting sound at last!! 😂

• Like 2

Yeah - that'll go horribly wrong for you...as will sending delay to the reverb sends and vice versa!  Good to see that you've made a more positive start.  Check out the Behringer vids - there are some good things on there re setting up you XR18 with things like monitors, FX, EQ etc

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought this might be of use to some people. 

With our last gig before lockdown I used the XR18 and it worked like a dream. Even a last minute decision to go with IEMs worked fine.

However, I'd had it set up to record in Reaper but because of one thing or another I wasn't able to actually to trigger it to record. 

Afterwards, I read there's a program written that simply records all of the raw inputs from the XR18 which you can later edit in your DAW. Can't find it right now, but it's available from the Behringer forums - the downside being it only works for Windows. 

I filed that away for later consideration once (if!) I'm back out gigging again.

However, I had an email from Audified yesterday, and in the email it said they offer a product that does the same thing for the Mac. And it's now free! It's called Re-Call and it does what it says on the tin. 

I've downloaded but not had a chance to use it yet. 

Just now, Jakester said:

- the downside being it only works for Windows. 

Not a downside for me!

Thanks so much for this heads up. I can spend the lockdown sussing it out and be ready to record the first rehearsal when things return to normal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakester said:

- the downside being it only works for Windows. 

That's fine, on the light side of the force we have Ecasound. Recommended to me by a basschatter and I've been using it for years now.

On 02/04/2020 at 14:41, Jakester said:

However, I had an email from Audified yesterday, and in the email it said they offer a product that does the same thing for the Mac. And it's now free! It's called Re-Call and it does what it says on the tin. 

I've downloaded but not had a chance to use it yet. 

Yeh, I downloaded that when it was noticed it was free on facebook. looks good, if only I had a gig to try it with!