Why become a member? ×

Early 80's Aria Pro 11 SB900
£799
Worthing West Sussex

Chimike

I may change my mind, keep this, and sell my SB1000 instead, but I'm having to replace the tone module on my SB1000, as I'm not quite sure it's ever worked ! Hence I've always preferred the SB900, cracking bass, superb build, and very versatile. Check out the bass player on " Marvin Gaye at Montreau ", looks cool , too. Mine has one replacement Armstrong pickup, as one died, and the tuners , while great, may not be original. Condition is clean , few small chips consistent with age.  Aria build quality on these was world class, and it plays like butter.

Collection only from Worthing or Chichester, and no trades please, I'm chasing my dream bass.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely looking and sounding bass, and i speak from experience because i own an SB900.  My electronics layout is different to yours, but maybe its because yours is the Batwing headstock and mine is a slightly later Open Book headstock. 

Like you i had  Armstrong replicas built, but by Aaron, not Kent and it was both pickups in my case

• 2 months later...

I had an Aria pro about 25 year ago, can't remember the model number but it was a great bass. I bought it soon after I moved to Finland, saw it advertised on a supermarket noticeboard and phoned the guy up who spent ten minutes reducing the price while I said almost nothing. By the time I got round to his place he had knocked another couple hundred Markka off the price. Kept it and played to for a year or two and have no idea now what happened to it. Shame.

• 1 month later...

Sorely tempted by this, and surprised it's still here and well worth a bump. 

These basses have wonderful playability and a great range of tones. The build quality of late 70s, early 80s Arias left Fender etc standing. I think my GAS for Aria pro II SBs is sated for the moment   As they say 4 is company, 5s a crowd! GLWS

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I always felt that the SB900 was superior to the 1000.  Dual pickups will have delivered a wider tonal range, although unsure about what was under the hood.

Nice.

I've had both SB900 and SB1000. I must agree with you. I always found there was only I really great tone setting on the 1000 selector, the rest I rarely used. Personally I found the 900 more tonally  flexible.  I also prefer the SB-R and Elite necks, wider at the dusty end and with pretty inlays! 

Gobsmacked this is still here. Mike is a great guy. I bought his SB-R60!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...