Why become a member? ×

Rosetti bass 7

knirirr

Did its job.  (for a 3 schoolboy band - Vince Pinkerton and the Lawmen, who didn’t take Nottingham by storm, unfortunately).  IIRC the lead was attached, ie no jack socket.  So he cut it and fitted an in-line co-ax joint, which wasn’t overly successful....

TBH, I think it was the cheapest electric guitar we could find.

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 1

I remember these well, the cheapest, nastiest ghastly basses of the 60’s! I don’t think the necks have a truss today and they were notorious for bending like bananas and not being able to be straightened. The pickups were awful housed in that lump of plastic.

Vintage it may be but should be condemned. What’s it worth? Ask them to pay you a tenner to take it away.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I remember these well, the cheapest, nastiest ghastly basses of the 60’s! I don’t think the necks have a truss today and they were notorious for bending like bananas and not being able to be straightened. The pickups were awful housed in that lump of plastic.

Vintage it may be but should be condemned. What’s it worth? Ask them to pay you a tenner to take it away.

The neck could well be bent - the action was certainly very high.
I suppose that if cleaned up it might look OK hanging on a wall, but I'd not want to play it.

6 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

You could buy it as a project.  Needs a new nut (& strings!).  Replace the bridge, pickups, scratchplate, neck, tuners, maybe the body, too.

And call it Trigger's Broom?

To complete the set, the acoustic guitar was the Lucky 7

Edited by Baxlin