Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg PF50/PF115HE flip-top combo (budget B-15) **SOLD**
£500
Canterbury

Beedster

I've just bough a new desk that has significantly reduced storage space in my studio, so I'm going to move on all the stuff that I'm not really using, which is a lot of stuff (watch this space). First up is what amounts to Ampeg's contemporary take on the B-15, the PF-50 and PF-115 in flip-top configuration. I've owned a real '64 B-15, a Heritage B-15 and this, and whilst there are differences for sure, those differences are not as great as the £4,000 price tag for the Heritage version would lead you to think. This combo owes me about £1000, having been bought last year from Thomann 

https://www.thomann.de/gb/ampeg_pf_50t_bass_head.htm

https://www.thomann.de/gb/ampeg_pf115he_portaflex.htm

It's had little use, largely due to that fact that I love my SVT-II so much, even at home.

• Quiet enough to give you great tube tone at living room volumes. Yes.
  • Loud enough to gig with a moderately noisy band in a pub. Yes.
  • Easy to move around. Yes
  • Looks great and gets you admiring glances from the crowd. Yes.

What's not to like! 

Collection only on this I'm afraid, although I may be able to sort delivery/meet-up for a small donation towards petrol (I could also get it to London on the train if needs be). Of three music items that I've had delivered by couriers in the last two months two were badly damaged, so I'm simply not going to take that risk with this I'm afraid. I'm also not going to split the combo, I really need the cab gone for space reasons! 

Chris 

PS frustratingly I've just upgraded to an iPhone 11 and for some reason none of the decent quality/light photos I took yesterday are uploading to my laptop or to this site, so I had to take some rushed ones this morning in poor light. I'll try to get some better one when it brightens up, so about two or so months!  

CD58220D-E225-433E-AFCD-388077D9290B.thumb.jpeg.4b9800dd3d3feb99c507f6b50940d733.jpeg  

CB50E301-EE43-47F8-992F-7FEBB111C787.thumb.jpeg.81f3b391681d8dd785890590074d2605.jpeg

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldman said:

Holy scheissenhausen man, a deal could have been done...😢

Sorry mate, didn't occur to me, although one of the reasons this has to go is the incoming Barefaced, I could meet you in London and we could sort something? 

5 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

This deal is a steal.  The amp is worth that alone.  Whoever buys it is pretty much getting a free cab. I had one of these amps.  They're great. Look lovely too.

Thanks mate, it is a steal, I'm feeling very generous, and I really need the space! 

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic