Why become a member? ×

SOLD.....Fretless 4 string Custom Sycamore/Walnut PRICE DROP NOW £650
£875
NE Hants/Surrey borders

mybass

Sold

Now at £650

I've held back about this sale for a while but as two other of my basses take precedent for gigging, this one is up for selling.

It has a beautiful Claro Walnut book-matched top over a flamed Sycamore body. The neck is a three piece figured maple.

Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony. The backplate has magnets holding it on. The bridge is a Hipshot. Tuners are Gotoh GB4.

Pickups are Seymour Duncan stacked jazz. There are four control knobs seen but I never fitted an active pre-amp for them

so it currently has Volume/Pan/Tone  controls, all passive. The metal knobs have abalone tops with a bit more abalone added to

the body and headstock. The strap buttons are large so better to hang the strap onto. The neck is bolted to the body with brass inserts.

The finish on the body has about ten coats of Tru Oil ( Gunstock oil) and the neck is finished with danish oil.

The scale length is 33" and it has great string tension responding well to harmonics.

It is a 'PS Bass' made by me and as seen and heard at the 2019 BassBash in Chertsey. This bass was built around

2014 and did a series of gigs with me before I returned to my all ash bodied fretless. Well set up, plays like a charm!

It is lightweight @ 7lbs, a small body and almost 43” / 112cm long. Nut width is a slither under 1.5"/38mm and it is

approx.  0.75"/19mm thick. At the twelth fret it is 2.12"/54mm wide. Side dots are black 3mm, easy to see! It has a few minor

marks but is in overall very nice condition.

All the wood and parts are top grade, the Claro Walnut cost a fair bit to import from the USA. and the sycamore wasn't the

cheapest block for that wood. I have a soft case on hand for it.

All of the above define this as a great smaller bodied bass to play and the wood combination sounds excellent.

I welcome any serious potential buyer to visit and play through your own or my (MarkBass) bass gear.

(The first picture on the red chairs is from the Basschat day last year taken by 'SivliaBluejay'....hope you don't mind Bluejay.....Please note the clear 'scratchplate as used on acoustic guitars has been removed).

A. Walnut Bassbash.jpg

1 Walnut.jpg

2 Walnut.jpg

3 Walnut.jpg

4 Walnut.jpg

5 Walnut.jpg

6 Walnut.jpg

7 Walnut.jpg

8 Walnut.jpg

9 Walnut.jpg

10 Walnut .jpg

Edited by mybass
  • Like 6

Beautiful bass @mybass,

Like many at last year's South East Bass Bash, I got to hear this bass and it's an absolutely great sounding instrument. 

In particular, I remember it for having a really lovely mid-range tone and clarity to it.. 

Hand built by an extremely talented musician and very knowledgeable and insightful bass luthier as well.. What's not to like!? 😊

GLWTS 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Is that you Pete? 

Pete’s work who build these basses is amazing. And he is also the reason I play bass and has become a dear friend! He’s a great guy and his work is amazing! 

he also used to play with many amazing people including Peter Green for many years! 

7 hours ago, BigJim said:

Is that you Pete? 

Pete’s work who build these basses is amazing. And he is also the reason I play bass and has become a dear friend! He’s a great guy and his work is amazing! 

he also used to play with many amazing people including Peter Green for many years! 

Yep, it’s me Jim and thank you for the kind words.....hope you are well...

• MB1 locked this topic