Why become a member? ×

Darkglass and Barefaced.

AdamN

Hi,

Wondering if anybody has any experience with using the Microtubes 500 with a Barefaced One10. I'm primarily looking to play heavy rock music with this setup. I've only ever used combos before so if anybody could tell me if this combo will work well then that would be appreciated. I've gone with the One10 because of it's weight and it's low(ish) price point.

Cheers.

Will you be playing heavy rock with a full band and a decently loud drummer, Adam?

If so, you'll probably need a pair of One10s volume wise, rather than just the one, and at that point in terms of price / convenience you may also want to consider a BF Super Compact as an alternative to two One10s.

FWIW my gigging rig is the DG AO900 with a BF Super Compact and I play in a covers band with the usual rock numbers as part of our sets. Also works well, and happy to recommend.

1 hour ago, Merton said:

@Kev used a DG head and a pair of One10s very successfully I do believe :)

I’d echo @Al Krow’s comment that a pair would definitely be a good idea. One is great, two is betterer

Indeed, they are a great combo! But I echo the fact that you’ll need two to move enough air with a rock outfit for sure, they’re good but they’re not that good!