Why become a member? ×

On hold: Pre-EB Music Man Sabre bass 1979
£1385
Netherlands

SurroundedByManatees

Music Man Sabre 1979

Beautifull pre-EB Music Man bass. As you can see, this one hasnt been in the closet for the last 41 years, which has given it its ´roadworn´ look with a lot of wear from use and lacquer checking. The sunburst finish is sprayed over a yellowed white finish. This pro refin must have been done ages ago. and looks great in my opinion.

First some pictures:

S4Zimjd.jpg

FgOAmSg.jpg

QZIOBxg.jpg

8Etjcm2.jpg

wOVJbXM.jpg

By3yLTT.jpg

EpPLf1o.jpg

vWKoWuu.jpg

B5WuYuz.jpg

delm3cY.jpg

OiEwfap.jpg

m7VfcK4.jpg

KxdvfgB.jpg

eh3ngQg.jpg

ZG2TH4Q.jpg

5vCXSlQ.jpg

1YSFMJo.jpg

m9vYGWN.jpg

The Sabre is in good working order; the electronics and hardware are working like they should, the truss rod is adjustable, and the neck is straight (point of attention with old sabres) and allows low action. The neck plays easily and feels very comfy. Soundwise, I think its a pretty versatile bass. Two bridge saddles/intonation screws are not original, and one pickup cover has a crack. The bass weighs in at 4,5kg on my bathroom scales.

An original (90s or 00s) Music Man Stingray case is included in the sale.

€1.650 (approx  1385 gbp at the moment).

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped.

Tradewise I'd be interested in a low weight 60s/early 70s Fender precision or jazz (refin no problem), a flakey modulus flea or a competition mustang bass with matching headstock. I've got more gear to shift in a trade if needed.

Smaller partial trades (up to a value of €450) are negotiable too. 

Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 6