Why become a member? ×

Bergantino or Aguilar.?

bubinga5

Ive been given the green light to purchase a new cab from the queen.  I have 2 options. A GS 410 from Bass Direct or a Bergantino HD 212. Thing is i believe the Aggy will be lighter and have castors, The Bergantino will be heavy with no castors. 

I guess i could add castors to the Berg im not sure. 

On 30/01/2020 at 18:01, bubinga5 said:

Ive been given the green light to purchase a new cab from the queen.  I have 2 options. A GS 410 from Bass Direct or a Bergantino HD 212. Thing is i believe the Aggy will be lighter and have castors, The Bergantino will be heavy with no castors. 

I guess i could add castors to the Berg im not sure. 

The HD212 is discontinued and is a "heavy" cabinet, but it sounds amazing and I'd love to own one. the HDN212 is Neo speakers and thus much lighter but having owned one for a bit, it has a decent amount of low end. On the subject of Bergs, I really want to try out the brand new NXT range that, on paper is going to bridge the gap between the advantages of both Neo and Ceramic. Exciting times!

The GS410 I thought was a great cab, but I preferred the much deeper sound of the Aguilar GS212 when I tried them both together. Thats down to taste alone, so something you'll want to try - but I can certainly remember thinking the EBS TD650 and Aguilar GS212 was a tone match in heaven!

• Like 1